Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Comfort Food

Otter was listing her comfort foods this evening.  Top of the list?  Homemade pizza!
 
The rest of her list was tuna casserole, creamed chicken & rice, homemade hamburgers (with frozen french fries), spaghetti (with frozen garlic toast) and she also has a few breakfast foods:  biscuits & gravy, preferably with sausage.  Chicken Noodle Soup is also on the list, I can't forget that one.
 
Now that she's brought it up, I want that homemade pizza too!  I think we'll be having it on Saturday.  Of course, we didn't decide this until after we'd been to the grocery store so that means a trip back for the cheeses and pepperoni.  And I probably need to get another jar of ragu.  And the other toppings, such as black olives and canned mushrooms.  Celery and bell peppers, also.
 
The latest Godzilla movie is out on video this week.  Otter saw it at the theater but Bill and I never got there.  It's Otter's turn to rent the movie for Saturday, Godzilla is her first choice and Captain America 2 is her second choice.  Next Saturday is my turn, it will be whichever one she didn't pick this weekend since they are both on my list of movies to rent.
 
We finally finished the meats that Bill grilled last Sunday.  Well, nearly.  There is still a little chicken breast left but it will be in his lunch tomorrow.  Guess I'll have to cook tomorrow night!  I think maybe Otter is going to get that tuna casserole she likes to much...

No comments: