Friday, September 05, 2014

Yogurt Coupons

I don't necessarily use a lot of coupons.  There are some specific ones, like for laundry detergent and dog food.  But as far as food brands go, there aren't many.  But I have discovered something, I think I've mentioned it before.  Every time there is a coupon for yogurt in the paper's coupon inserts, within a week or so I will have a need for yogurt because either I will need it to combat the effects of an antibiotic, or Otter will.  Last Sunday's coupons had two for yogurt.
 
On Wednesday, I started feeling the unmistakable signs of a sinus infection.  By Thursday,  I was leaning more towards allergies but I felt pretty cruddy and left work mid-morning.  Around 3:00 this morning, I was awakened by sinus pressure and when I got up about 5:00 it was actual sinus pain with the pressure.  The med clinic opened up at 8:00, I was the first one in the door.  Guess what?  I have a sinus infection.  Guess I should have known it was coming, after all I did get two yogurt coupons!
 
I took Otter to work so I would have the car today, Bill took the Impala that she drives when she needs a car.  I was originally going to take her to work and pick her up after I got off because Bill needed the car and not the truck, but since I didn't go in today she could have taken my car if I didn't need to go to the doctor.  I'll pick her up when she gets off and we'll go to the post office to check the box then.  Probably also to the UPS box that Bill has for the business.  Then we might get some kind of take-home dinner.
 
Which will be followed with yogurt.
 
We're also in the market for new health insurance.  The company we have had for 10 years is leaving the state, effective the end of March 2015.  We have plenty of time, but I'm not waiting.  I've gotten a few quotes and am waiting on a couple more.  I knew that the government interference was affecting policy costs, but I was still shocked to get one quote for less insurance than we have now with a premium that was doubled!  And that was from the company we have our cars and house insured through.  We had been thinking it might be time to look into another carrier, now I really thing we will.  But it will probably be after we get the health insurance situated.
 
Froggy, yes the lumberyard probably does not want to store anything they can't use over the winter.  I just think it's a little "unfair" of them to give it away when people don't need it but to charge when people may be desperate.  But it's their business and they can run it the way they want to.  But, in their defense, it is only $5.00 per pallet load and the pallets are very full.  Depending on the weather next week because I think it might be rainy, Bill will get another load.
 
It's in the mid-90's today, it's been mid- to high-90's all week.  Tomorrow?  Well, tomorrow will be in the 70's.  And probably rainy as well.  But still, 70's?  That is wonderful.
 
It rained pretty hard earlier in the week, I don't know what we got in terms of amounts but it was a good, hard rain and there was a lot of it.  I think the old rain barrel is probably full now, and since Bill cleaned it out and replaced the broken spigot control we can use it easily.  The newer one was about 3/4 full, we were trying to use as much water as we could so that Bill could take it off the stand and re-align everything.  It's full again now, so that will have to wait a little longer.
 
My clematis has come back - the mowers we used after Bill's hand surgery took it out with the weedeater.  Along with a couple of the honeysuckle plants on the back fence.  The honeysuckle will probably come back, it's hard to kill.  I wasn't sure about the clematis, it is a strong plant and is very resilient.  But I wasn't sure if it had enough time to really get established, since it had barely survived being eaten to the ground by what was probably a rabbit.  Bad bunny!  But I checked on it Thursday and it's still alive.  It's not huge, but there is a nice size clump of it growing.  It's next to a fan-shaped trellis, I think the trellis is a little further from the plant than I wanted it to be but part of that is because it's growing away from the trellis.  I have some strong twine that we've used before as training for climbing plants and it's attached to the trellis then draped around the baby clematis plant in the hope that the plant will climb it and go the direction we want it to.  I haven't checked the honeysuckle at the back fence, but it's a very hardy plant so I think it will probably come back if it hasn't already.
 
But that bunny better stay away!  He can go find another salad bar, and not the one in my back yard!

No comments: