Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Dinner

Will last all week!
 
Bill got the grill out and we had steaks for dinner.  He also grilled 4 turkey burgers, 5 hot dogs, 4 pork chops and 3 fajita-seasoned chicken breasts.  Dinner for the week!  I made corn on the cob to go with the steaks tonight, although mine was "corn off the cob" since I have to cut it off to eat it due to my dentures.  Still good, just eaten with a fork instead of with holders on each end and the cob.
 
I had a couple of things I wanted to get accomplished this weekend.  I wanted to get Uncle Crazy's lap blanket finished, I did that today.  I put three rows on it yesterday and the final one today.  Otter and I needed to go through the blankets and separate hers out, we got that done today as well.  I gave her a specific quilt that Mom and our special Aunt made - Froggy, I think you may have helped with it but I'm not sure.  Otter was thrilled with it.  That's the one I texted you the picture of, Froggy.
 
I wanted to go to the Yarn Store in Tulsa that was re-opening and I did that yesterday - there were two locations, they were consolidated into one store and it's really nice.  The two stores were great, but one was really small.  The new store is open, airy and filled with light.  And lots of yarn!  It's a very inviting place, it was originally started as a knit shop but the owner makes a serious effort to include crochet artists in her store even though she herself knits.  I didn't buy any yarn yesterday, but there are a couple of varieties I'm thinking about.  It's where the mink yarn came from and I've found a few other good yarns there.
 
Bill wanted to get some more firewood split, we did that this morning.  It's actually kind of fun, it's a little strenuous but it's not difficult.  We might not actually get any more firewood.  We have a great deal, more than I thought we had.  If Bill does get more, that's fine.  But if not, I think we probably have enough.  He mowed the back yard this morning, it wasn't really tall but it did kind of need it.  He got the front yard one day last week.  Not too much longer for that this year.
 
Yesterday was really cool, it was in the low- to mid-50's.  It was supposed to be a little warmer than that.  It was overcast and misty.  Friday night was cold, it was in the 40's!  It was pretty cool last night but I'm not sure how low the temperature actually was.  It was pretty chilly this morning, I went out on the back deck and enjoyed it for a while.  The dogsters enjoyed it to, Maggie was following her nose all over the deck and along the back of the house between the house and the honeysuckle trellises.  Possibly there has been a 4-footed visitor, most likely a possum or something similar.
 
I took the last antibiotic tonight, I'm so glad to be through with them.  I still have a couple of yogurt left, I'm getting tired of it as well.  I still need to eat it for a few more days.  I like yogurt but I'll be glad when I don't have to eat it as often!
 
Otter woke up with a pretty bad allergy attack yesterday morning, she had a tremendous headache and was in bed pretty much all day long.  Fall has always been her worst season, but it's been better the last couple of years.  Hopefully, it's not going to be bad again.  She was pretty miserable yesterday.  Today, she woke up fine and hasn't had any allergy issues beyond some mild stuff.  At least it was "only" allergy and not the flu, which was my first concern!

No comments: