Monday, September 01, 2014

September Already?!

This has been a fast summer.  I know, it's still the summer season and will be for a few weeks yet, but the summer "break" is over.  We have actually been making Fall/Winter preparation for a few weeks already - as I've mentioned already, Bill's been getting firewood.  We still need more and he'll probably get another truck load this week if the weather cooperates.
 
We enjoyed the Monday day off from work today.  Otter had to work, poor girl!  We still had a bigger than normal breakfast, biscuits & gravy so she at least got to enjoy that!  Bill and I had a few errands to run, including going to Otter's store to get a tarp for Bill to use to cover the grill with.  The grill has been stored under the lean-to but the lean-to is rapidly filling with firewood.  We went to several other stores, including two hardware stores and another tool store (besides Otter's) but Bill was unable to find the item he was looking for.  He needs a specific type of rubber pad to put underneath the feet of the compressor - one of the specific "will void the warranty" if he uses anything other than the specific type!  One of the stores was Ace Hardware, where I discovered that they had tulip bulbs in stock already.  I grabbed several different varieties of bulbs but we might get a few more.
 
We went to Best Buy because we needed a new digital camera.  Bill has an ancient one he still uses with the pachinko business, but we've been borrowing Otter's digital camera for misc. stuff.  However, when she moves out she is taking her camera with her!  I just don't think that's fair at all, Otter!  Anyway, I found one that I really liked.  It's got a very high resolution quality, and it was also on sale.  $179 is what I paid today, it was $80 off the regular price.  We got the wrong kind of SD card though, I'll take it back and exchange it tomorrow.
 
I did manage to get some laundry done today.  Not all of it, but enough.  I also need to do dishes, but I'm not in a hurry!
 
Bill grilled steaks for our Labor Day dinner.  We also had baked potatoes and ranch style beans.  We are stuffed!  The dogs are happy, they each got a tiny bite of steak and a little bit of potato that Otter had left - she prefers her baked potato without anything on it beyond a small shake of salt.
 
Speaking of Fall/Winter and getting ready, it's time to start rotating out my Spring Storm/Loss of Power canned food items and replacing them.  There are also a few things such as canned fruit and crackers, it'll all get rotated out and replaced.
 
I guess that's the extent of our day.  Very exciting, huh!  (Yeah, I know - boring but we enjoyed the day!)

No comments: