Monday, September 22, 2014

In Through The Out Door

Alternate Title:  In One Door and Out the Other!
 
There seems to be something about Bill and car doors.  Actually, it's car door & windows!  The El Camino driver's side window has been out of commission for months, the part needed to fix it does not exist anymore.  A while back, maybe a couple of years, the driver's side window glass on the 02 Impala slipped out of it's frame and slid down into the door - which is what the El Camino did, just several months later.  Bill was able to order the part for the Impala and the window was fixed.  This morning, Bill leaves for work and I head for the shower - just as I was getting into the shower I had one of what we refer to as one of my "feelings" and the thought that popped into my head was about Bill needed to come back inside because something was wrong.  I had just gotten into the shower when Bill came back inside because something was wrong:  the passenger side window on the 02 Impala popped out of it's frame and slid down inside the door!  He couldn't drive it to work like that, he didn't want to leave the car parked at work all day without being able to securely lock it and he didn't want to take the El Camino today and have to leave the Impala in the driveway unsecured.  So he called in and took a personal business day.  He was able to get the window blocked into place and he ordered the part it needs.  He said that there is a newly-listed part on Rock Auto that might, just might be what he needs to fix the El Camino window so he ordered that as well.
 
Otter's plans are moving forward.  Roomie went by and signed the lease today, then she and Otter went to lunch as well as started making arrangements for Roomie's moving.  I think they also may have gone to Wallyworld and they figured out who is buying what as far as some of the things that they didn't already have will go.  After I got home, I took Otter back up to Wallyworld and she acquired a few more things.  She was off work today and she did quite a bit of packing and some cleaning out.  She's still got more to pack and this Sunday we are going to tackle her closet.  A lot of the things in her closet have been outgrown and will be donated if possible.
 
I was able to get the table from J's mom in my car last night.  It's 3' x 3' square and the legs are removable.  It's very good quality, solid wood and will work perfectly for them.  I told Otter that I would get a tablecloth for it but the size is not one that's made often apparently.  I'll find one eventually.
 
I realized that I can have rosebushes soon.  Otter is extremely, extremely, extremely allergic to roses.  It's one of the worse ones her allergist had ever seen.  But now I will be able to plant a rosebush or two.  Her allergy has actually gotten better over the years, she'll be able to come visit us without it being an issue for her if she's not actually standing over the plant inhaling the scent!  She suggested I plant one, actually.
 
OK, I'm finally hungry.  It's 8:15 and I'm just now ready to eat.  I had a sandwich for lunch today and orange juice, but I just wasn't hungry until now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the right time of year to plant roses? Glad they are getting all their plans for moving together. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

The roses won't be planted this year, I don't know what time of year is best but I think it's spring. I don't even know where I want to put them yet.