Thursday, September 11, 2014

Now it's Thursday

Much better/different than last Thursday!
 
Bill got another load of firewood today.  He thinks we're where we were last year in terms of the amount of firewood we have.  I'd like to get 2 more loads, Bill wants to get at least one more but we'll see.  Today's was free, when the temperature gets to 50 degrees is when they start charging.  I don't mind if we have to pay for it.  Today was in the low 70's, tonight will be cooler and tomorrow our high is 68 degrees!  I'm thinking that we might have to pay for the next load of two of firewood.
 
The promised rain never did develop, although it was noisy in the early evening last night.  It was misty this morning, cloudy and overcast pretty much all day.
 
Otter's jalepeno plants still have blooms and small fruit.  She'll probably be making her final harvest in the very near future.  I'm thinking the mint and rosemary will be moved inside within the next few weeks.  I'll also need to bring my begonia back inside, which means I'm probably going to have to rearrange my plant stands.  Again!
 
We're going to get started on the tulip bed soon.  It needs to be weeded, then the dirt needs to be turned and it needs to be treated.  Then it might get another treatment a couple of weeks later.
 
I weeded the rock garden a bit this afternoon.  Mostly, I pulled grass that was encroaching from the sand stone edges.  There are a few little "false morning glory" vines popping up again, they get yanked as soon as I see them.  Wish we'd known that it wasn't actually morning glory and we would have pulled it out as soon as it came up through the dirt.
 
Well, they were pretty at least.

No comments: