Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday, 3 days to go

Until Otter moves out.  She and Roomie are going to do the walk-through Tuesday afternoon and I'm going along to measure a few things like the stove so Otter can get pizza pans that fit!  I'm also going to measure the kitchen cabinets for foam shelf-liner.  Also, she is going to show me where she wants her bedroom furniture to go so I can make sure Bill knows.  Otter has to work the early shift at work on Wednesday, but Bill will go ahead and start loading her furniture as soon as he gets up on Wednesday morning then he'll take it as soon as the El Camino is full.  If he knows where to put everything, it will be a lot easier.  Roomie is probably going to bring her furniture later in the day, she may bring her boxes, clothes, etc., in the morning and then the furniture in the afternoon.  Bill will put help get her furniture up the stairs (3rd floor!) and assemble anything that needs to be put together.  I'm bringing the pizza for everyone!!
 
My living room is cluttered in a M.A.J.O.R. way, which is a major issue for me.  I hate clutter!  The hallway has boxes of Otter's craft stuff lining it, there are things stacked in the entry way and her room looks like a bomb went off!
 
I am excited for her, we both are but we're also going to miss her terribly.  But it's time, she's ready and we're trying to be.  I firmly believe that children are God's and that we are only raising them for Him.  It's been an amazing honor and privilege to be the parents He chose for her.  We will always be her parents, but now we can (and will) also be her friends.
 
OK, enough emotional stuff for tonight!
 
Comfort food tonight was steaks and baked potatos.  Bill also grilled the hamburgers that are tomorrow night's comfort food, all I'll have to do is put the frozen french fries in the oven and fix the bread.  Tuesday is El Chico, so I don't have to do much then, either!
 
Within the next couple of weeks, we'll get started on turning Otter's room into My Room.  Bill is going to hang a ceiling fan with a light in there, then I'm going to take out the wall paper border that is on the walls.  After that, it's time to paint!  Then, the yarn and craft stuff will be moved in.  The next project after that is probably to re-do the guest bathroom that was always Otter's.  I don't know when that is going to happen, but we'll be taking the wall paper out and painting.  Bill is also probably going to replace the light fixture in there.  I will probably replace the shower curtain, etc., but that's not a big priority.  It might be next year's project to redo the bathroom, actually.
 
Run, Bill, Run!  I got jobs for you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there it will get easier.
I predict you will not wait until next year to redo the bathroom.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

It depends on the weather, I don't want to have to deal with paint fumes if its winter and too cold to open the windows!