Monday, September 08, 2014

Maybe

Still trying to post pictures without success.


(I can attest to the truth of the above)


(I also speak TEXAN and Trekish, so I guess I am actually fluent in 4 languages.)  (TEXAN is my native language, Trekish is the next one I learned.)
 
I can't figure out what the problem is, but I can't post actual photographs that I've saved on my computer.  I can post things I got off the internet or that I've saved from emails.  Just not the pictures I've taken!  It's frustrating, but I'll figure it out eventually.
 
In the meantime:
 
I'm still dealing with the sinus infection.  I felt a little better this morning and I went in to work but I didn't stay long.  I actually got in early, about 7:30, and got caught up quickly (it's not a busy office).  About 8:30, I called Younger Boss and told him I'd cratered and was going to head home.  He was pulling into the driveway at that point, so I waited for him to get in and then got him to answer a few questions I had about something work-related.  I was home by 9:00, which was when Otter had wanted me to call and wake her up.  She was already up, she met me at the door.  I've been parked on the couch pretty much since then, although I have gotten up a few times.  Such as when I had to rearrange the beagle - she spent about 20 minutes napping on my left foot and I could not get her to move, even though my foot was getting numb!  I sent Otter to the store for more yogurt and a couple of things.  About the time I figured Otter would be getting home, I asked Maggie "Who's at the Door?" which always gets her excited and bouncing to the door.  (It took Bill a loooooooooooooooooooong time to teach the dog that trick!)  That was the only thing that really got the little bowlingballbutt to move off of my foot.
 
Frasier seems happy that I'm home.  He is spending quite a bit of his time in front of the fan, but he gets up every so often and comes over to the couch for chin and ear scratches.  Then, he goes back to his spot in front of the fan.  And goes back to sleep.
 
I think that part of the reason I don't feel quite as good as I normally do by this point is the extra ingredient in the antibiotic.  It isn't a strong antibiotic, used to be that a doctor would prescribe the strongest one immediately but then bugs started to develop a resistance to them so the doctors generally start with a milder antibiotic.  The one I'm on is a milder one, but it has an additive that is to help the antibiotic fight off the bad bugs and my own system, in case my body views it as a threat.  Seems strange, but that's what I found out.  Anyway, the additive has a "no drive, etc." warning and I think it's making me feel a little odd.  But as long as the antibiotic takes care of the sinus infection, I'm not going to complain.  But I will probably see about not getting an antibiotic with the additive the next time (there is always a next time as far as sinus infections go.)
 
Froggy left a comment on my last post, she mentioned her cat Muskrat missing Callie.  Callie is a cat that they've had for years, but she disappeared last week.  They don't let the cats outside, although it looks like Callie-Cat managed to get out because they haven't found any trace of her and it's been nearly a week now.  Callie is a calico, which is probably why Scooter named her (Scooter is Froggy's oldest kid and Callie is his cat) that.  I keep hoping that Froggy will text me that the cat has turned up, safe and sound.

No comments: