Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One Week and Counting

Until Otter moves.  She's been packing madly and there is now a large stack of boxes in the living room.  I played "Box Tetris" this morning and got the stack arranged a little bit, but there will be more added to the stack tomorrow.  She's taking a day off of packing, but that's because she worked from 5:30 this morning until somewhere around 3:00 and she's exhausted.  Truck Day is Wednesday, she's more or less in charge of Inventory.  Which means that next Wednesday is also Truck Day as well as moving day, and she can't get the day off!  She will still have to go in at 5:30 but she will be able to get off at 10:30 and she will be certain not to allow herself to be worked past the 10:30 time!
 
The Comfort Foods post was because Otter wanted as many comfort foods/Mom's meals as possible before she moved.  So far, she's asked for (and had) homemade pizza, biscuits-gravy-BACON, tuna casserole, creamed chicken and rice, spaghetti & garlic toast and still to come is steak & baked potatos (Sunday), monkey bread (Saturday breakfast), tacos-beans-nuclear rice (Friday), hamburgers & oven baked fries (Monday) and her Final Meal While Still Living In Her Parent's House is El Chico - probably fajitas and probably at El Chico instead of being brought home.  The Chicken Noodle Soup and Potato Soup she likes are on hold until the weather is cooler, the potato soup will probably be made at her apartment and shared with Roomie.  The chicken noodle soup will most likely just be the next time I make it for us with extra made to be taken over to Otter and Roomie.
 
She took care of the deposit and service connection with the electric company today, she did look into internet but they will probably wait a little while on that.  She still has a few more loose ends to take care of, but she's pretty much ready - except for the part about finishing packing!  And the actual moving itself. :)
 
I got busy with my yarn stash and the new plastic drawers I got Saturday.  I moved quite a bit of overflow yarn from the drawers that I already had and there is plenty of room now.  I still have one drawer in the new unit that has the pre-crocheted stuff in it, I'm going to empty it out and decide what I'm going to do with those items and then I'm going to spread out the yarn a little bit more.  I did empty my tote bags of yarn and that yarn is now in the drawers.
 
Time to go buy more!

No comments: