Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I'm Tired

We all are.  It's been a busy day.  Otter has been madly packing stuff all day, Bill and I both worked but got stuff packed/ready/taken apart when we got home and I also went with Otter and Roomie (who will also be referred to as my Other Daughter) to do the walk through on their apartment.  It's small, it's one bedroom, but they can make it work.  We measured and figured out where/how they want their furniture and they have a general game plan on where they want misc. things.  I made sure that all the appliances work, the faucets work, the toilet flushes, we turned on the a/c and let it run long enough to tell it cools and we checked things like the patio door.  There is one issue, the ceiling fan in the dining room works but the lights attached to it don't.  They were lit when I turned the fan on, but I turned them off so I could check the fan without getting blinded.  But then I couldn't get them to turn back on.  Also, the bulbs might not be the right size for the fixture.  The apartment office was already closed when we got through, so I'll make sure they know tomorrow.  We checked all the keys and both girls checked their mailbox keys.
 
Then Otter and I met Bill for dinner at El Chico.  We ate too much, but this is probably the last time we'll eat out for a while.  Bill and I are going to make a serious effort to eat more healthy!
 
I got several misc. grocery items for the girls on my lunch hour today, Roomie's mom did the same thing and we didn't overlap too much.  I think we both got peanut butter, but a) that stuff never goes bad and b) you can never have too much peanut butter!
 
Otter has to go in at 5:30 tomorrow morning, she's going to sleep on the couch tonight since Bill took her bed apart this evening.  We washed her bedding this morning.  She gets off at 10:30, she's going to go pick J up at his college which is literally just down the street from where she works and then they'll come over to her apartment and help.  I'm thinking that I'll make a couple of trips with car loads, Bill's trying to get all the furniture moved tomorrow and Roomie is going to try to get as much moved as she can but her furniture might actually be moved in the afternoon, depending on when her helpers can get there.  She'll at least bring a carload of her stuff in the morning.  Somewhere in there, I'm getting pizza for the moving crew.  I'm also going to put her kitchen stuff up, she showed me where she wants everything.  I need to get foam shelf liner on the way over in the morning.
 
My plans for tomorrow evening include parking on the couch and putting my feet up!

No comments: