Tuesday, December 09, 2014

2 Weeks, 1 Day

until my much-needed vacation!  Not a moment too soon.  Bill's time off starts in a week and a half, he's really in need of some time off.  I'll have a week and a half off, he'll have two weeks.
 
We went to a local museum on Sunday and we took Roomie along with us.  It was fun, they have an exhibit of Christmas trees (and some of them are pretty far out there) and gingerbread houses.  The houses are made by children's groups, some are school groups and there are always lots of scout groups.  One in particular got our attention.  It was in the shape of a blue London police box and it had multi-colored beings around it made from ice cream cones - you know, the ones that yell "EXTERMINATE" at the occupant of the blue box.  Lots of detail and it was really cute.
 
I'm about finished with the front room/my room/craft-guest-YARN/pachinko-free room.  At least as far as the desk is concerned.  I still need to get my bulletin boards on the wall, but I was starving and making dinner was more important than hanging things on the wall.  I still need to measure the window for miniblinds, I keep forgetting to do that.  I got all the desk stuff situated, the desk itself is going to be sewing/craft related and doesn't actually have anything in it office supply related.  That's all in three of the 5 drawers of the plastic drawer unit beside the desk.  One of the other 2 drawers has the crocheted doilies in it and the other one is empty for the moment but it won't be for long.
 
Otter will be back on Sunday (with her laundry!) and we'll get the sewing machines out then.  We bought her a surplus machine from Bill's employer a few months back but she's never actually used it.  She used his machine on her cosplay last summer.  Along with her machine, he was given another machine that doesn't have any control cords, etc., with it.  We are going to test her machine and the control cord for her machine might fit the other surplus machine so we'll try it and see.
 
Frasier just gave me a scare.  He was snoozing in the floor and he started dreaming.  At first, I really thought he was having a seizure because he was jerking around so much.  Then I realized he was just dreaming and is in a small area on the floor, but I called his name anyway and petted him - which woke him up. He gave me the "leave me alone mom" look and went right back to sleep, after rearranging a bit.  The beagle brat is where she's been for about 30 minutes - asleep at my feet, under a blanket.  When Frasier first parked himself for his nap, he actually sat on her.  On her head, I think!  She was not amused!  But she was under a blanket at the time, so not sure what else she could expect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your room sounds good.
Of course she is bringing her laundry, Mine still bring there's.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I don't mind if she brings her laundry, she does it herself anyway. I do occasionally do it for her, but I don't mind.