Thursday, December 04, 2014

C is for Cookie!

And that's good enough for me. :)
 
How many people actually sang that song in their head?  I did.  And in the voice of a certain furry, blue monster!
 
Anyway.


It's National Cookie Day!  Which has got to be one of the best "invented holidays" ever.  EVER.
 
I changed out my table décor this morning, I finally got the Fall tablecloth put away and took the Thanksgiving placemats, etc. off the table.  I put my Christmas décor on the table and it will stay there until probably about 2:00 or so Dec. 25th.  Because after that, it becomes clutter!
 
While I was digging out the Christmas table stuff, I found a few more doilies that I'd bought recently.
 
This is a general idea of what I'm going for, although my idea doesn't really look like an actual curtain but is more of a side-drape/window scarf style:


It will be quite a while yet, this project is going to take a huge amount of doilies.  I'm always on the hunt.  Size, color, shape, age - none of that really matters although I don't really want anymore huge ones and I prefer not to have a lot of damage.  A slight amount of damage on very old ones is ok, but I want this to look nice.
 
The CDC announced today that they have probably missed their prediction as to what flu strain(s) would be dominant this season.  By as much as 50%!  That is not good, and they are predicting that it will be a bad season.  It was probably because the virus mutated, which is what viruses do.  I thought that bug I had a couple of weeks ago might be the flu, but it was probably "just" the flu-like bug that was going around.  I hope that is all I have to deal with.  The last time they missed with the vaccine I got the flu and it was not pretty!  Same thing for the time before that when they missed.  I'm normally an optimist, but this time I'm almost pessimistic because of past history.  IF at any time I think I might be coming down with it, I'm running myself to the doctor immediately and getting it confirmed so I can get Tamiflu if I do have it.  I might not get it, but like I said before - past history.
 
We're concerned about Frasier.  He acted like his teeth were chattering last night, but he was begging for a treat and he does that sometimes.  But this morning, he was actually shaking like he was shivering.  He wasn't cold and he didn't feel like he was feverish.  It was not a seizure.  He was awake and seemed glad to see me.  He was able to get up and he eventually ate his breakfast, but he was shaky for a very long time.  Bill was off today, he took a personal day and was busy replacing the rest of the light bulbs so he kept an eye on the dog all day.  Frasier eventually stopped the shivering, he was happy to see me when I got home, but he was very careful and tentative.  That's the only way I can describe it.  He did greet me when I got in, and then he sneezed at me.  After I petted him for a while, I decided his ears were dirty enough to need cleaning.  I took him outside and did that, which he did NOT like but he at least let me - the first one was easy, the 2nd ear took a bit of patience because he kept trying to turn his head away from me.  After I let him go, he went to the opposite side of the yard from me.  And pretended not to hear me when I called him!  He loped by me a few times on his way around the yard, and he would sort of look at me and then look away - bratty baby!  He finally decided to come to me and then he was much happier after he got a treat!  He seems better this evening but he's still not 100%.  Bill thinks it's probably just old age catching up with him and that is probably what it is.  I've talked to the vet about him before, and at this point I don't think it's necessarily time to take him in but we'll watch him and see how he does.  And we'll keep spoiling him as much as possible.  And Maggie Moo, she won't be left out of the spoiling!
 
It has been rainy all day.  Not a hard rain, just enough to be messy.  And it's been foggy all day, again not bad but still there.  But it's gotten really foggy this evening, by about 4:00 it was really starting to drop and now at nearly 6:00 p.m. the visibility is down to very bad.  Of course, Otter works tonight.  She goes in at 6:00 p.m. and works until "2:00 a.m." or whenever they get finished with the repricing or restocking, whatever it is that they are doing tonight.  Being her mother, I can't help but worry.  The fog is supposed to lift a little bit in the next few hours but it will probably be rainy.  Tomorrow could be very hard rains, at least in the morning.  She goes to the dentist tomorrow afternoon to get the permanent crown put in place, hopefully it will not be hard rain then.
 
Frasier just came back in from their yard.  He grunted, shook his ears and is now parked on the floor.  I think he's about to join Maggie Moo in a nap.  Hopefully, he won't snore as loud as she does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad he's doing better. We want him to stay around a long time and be healthy.
Froggy