Thursday, December 11, 2014

Waving

It's Thursday, I think!  (I know it is, it's just been a long week and I'm ready for it to be over & done with.)
 
We are watching the vintage Dr. Who on Retro TV tonight.  We watch it most nights, or try to.  It seems to be pre-empted often, usually for local or semi-local sports and for some reason it generally switches to sports in the middle of the game.  Makes no sense to me.  Anyway, we are in episode 4 of the final arc with # 3.  That means that # 4 is next!  Two more episodes to go!


The REAL Dr. Who, as far as we're concerned!  Although a few other the others were good, # 3 was actually very good and we did like him in the role.  But # 4 is the definitive Dr. Who.  # 9 was good, although he didn't stay with it for very long.  # 10 was spectacular, he was probably the best one besides # 4.  But, # 4 will always be the best one.


We don't really like # 11 (or 12, if you believe the War Doctor storyline) all that much.  # 11 likes bow ties, but we much prefer 20' long knitted scarves!  # 11 tried, but he had a very hard act to follow and he tried too hard.
 
OK, Dr. Who addict moment over.  Maybe.  Probably not, actually.
 
About a year ago, my microwave went wonky.  It quit working, then it started working again so we decided it was ok.  Periodically, it would quit and I figured out that if I reset the clock it would work.  Until the next time!  It was ok for a while, but it's been quitting more and more often lately, so I decided it was time to find a new one.  I looked at a few and found one I liked at Target.  I bought it on my lunch hour today.  Bill moved the old one off the counter and I realized that it had not been moved since we put it in place 10 + years ago - and it was pretty dirty underneath.  The new one is just a tad bit smaller but it's got the same wattage, 1100.  I don't think it will last 21 years, like the last one did, however.  I didn't let Bill have much voice in the decision, he has a tendency to just get the biggest and most expensive model!  I told him that I'd found a few I liked, and he said as long as it had a "popcorn" button he would be happy.  He just brought me a package of popcorn because he couldn't find the popcorn button so I had to go show him where the button is.  He's happy now!  The old one still works, Bill is going to use it in the garage to warm his molds when he's casting pieces.  He's been using it for that for a while and he'll use it until it finally dies.
 
I got busy in the front room this morning before work.  I moved Otter's old shoe shelves out of the closet and put them beside the window by the desk.  I moved the fabric storage boxes out from under our bed, two of them fit in the closet but the other ones are too long for the space.  I'm going to get a little more arranging done in there this weekend and probably get the bulletin boards up.  When Otter gets over here on Sunday, I think we're going to see about sorting out the fabric.  I don't think she will get rid of any of it, but it does need to be gone through.  I'm not at all sure just what fabric she has and she probably isn't either.  But I'm not going to make her get rid of any of it!
 
I completely understand that she needs a large fabric stash.  After all, I'm seriously at S.A.B.L.E. stage!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Yes she needs a large fabric stash from one to another.
Froggy