Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014

It has been a busy year.

January:

Otter started the year off with a bang:  she woke up puking her guts out!  It was allergy, but still not fun.
The next day, it was my turn!  But I didn't get "it" as bad as she did.
We had some snow.  On the 6th, it was so cold that I literally could not breathe outside and that is never good.
We decided to get a booth at a local antique mall. We started out with pachinko machines but then added a few smaller items.  I cleaned out a lot of things!
We had mice in the house, but that's a somewhat normal happening in the winter.
Bill ran out of gas - less than 1/2 a mile from home!
The first of many issues with my computer - caused by stupid windows updates!
Bill replaced the fuel gauge sensor in his/Otter's impala.
Our 29th Anniversary happened.
I started planning a trip to visit Froggy, probably in May.

February:

The groundhog saw his shadow.  And there were people wanting him skinned & turned into houseshoes all over the place!!
We had a lot of snow & cold weather this month.
Otter woke up with a bad headache one day, turned out she had the 2nd sinus infection she's ever had.  Fortunately, she does not have my sinuses.
I finally finished my afghan!
Bill came down with bronchitis, an upper respiratory infection and he also had a sinus infection.
The next day, I came down with it.  I didn't have the bronchitis, but I did have the URI.  And coincidentally a sinus infection.
We spent about the last 2 weeks of February dealing with the bugs and missed a lot of work.  We spent most of that time parked on the couch with blankets and didn't do a whole lot besides that.  Bill was worse than I was due to the bronchitis and had a lot of really bad pain from sore muscles/coughing.  But I have asthma which he doesn't, so I still had to deal with almost as much coughing and muscle pain just not the actual bronchitis.
Bill decided to get a UPS box for the pachinko business.
Booked my flights for my May trip to see Froggy, except that I had a strong feeling I needed to change it to June so I did.

March:

We were still dealing with the end of the illnesses for the first part of the month.
We had more winter weather!
We extended our booth into the booth space next to it, I sold quite a bit of stuff there.
Bill cleaned out a lot of the "useless collection" a/k/a his shot glasses.  He kept several, but he got rid of a whole lot of them.
Found a dead gopher in the back yard - very close to the back fence. Found a dead cardinal a couple of days later - in almost the exact same spot.  As if they had been tossed over the back fence out of someone else's yard and into ours.
Otter planted her crop - mostly jalepenos.
We had a hail storm.
Discovered (the hard way!) that I am allergic to something in the green tea Arby's sells.  I think it's the additive that turned it actual green - green tea is not named that because of the color!
Otter turned 22!  She picked a chinese buffet for her birthday dinner.

April:

2 Hot Flashes in one day!  Talk about miserable.
We had a hail storm with a lot of rain.
2 baby blues came up in the whiskey barrel!
I found honeysuckle at a local nursery, we planted several of them.
I had to replace our coffee maker.  We wore the last one out!
Dead frog mysteriously showed up in the same place as the dead birds in March.  At this point, we started walking along the back fence and talking loudly about all the dead animals we were finding - anytime that we saw the back neighbors out in their yard,  Amazingly, the dead animals stopped showing up.
Snow!  Not extremely common this late, but not unusual either.
One of Bill's sisters came to visit.
I'd been expecting a jury duty notice for a while, no reason for it but I expected it.  And it was in the mail this month - for the dates I originally planned to go see Froggy!
I came down with a cold.  I think I caught it from Otter.  I shared it with Bill.
We thought we were going to have another bad year for wasps, but they weren't as bad as we feared.
Otter's annual lung check at the allergiests - he is very impressed with her asthma status.

May:

RHTW had a nice long talk with PayPal!  They got the message.  I don't think that they liked it, though!
Bill's compressor broke.  Again!  This time, it was out of warranty.
I decided not to turn the old quilt top I bought into window curtains.  It was intended to be a quilt by whomever made it, and they put a lot of work into it.  It needs to stay a quilt, so I bought batting and backing fabric for it.
It was a fun Mother's Day, we saw Captain America 2 and went to Cici's pizza.
Jury Duty.  Which wasn't that bad, but it was pretty boring!
Froggy's cat, Chester, went to the Rainbow Bridge.  He was a good kitty, very fluffy and spoiled.  Just the way a cat should be.
J made a million and one brownie points with Otter - he got her Brent Spiner's autograph!
It rained.  A lot.  A LOT.
Otter and her friend (Roomie) started seriously thinking about getting an apartment.
We thought the deep freeze was going out, it turned out that Bill hadn't quite shut the door all the way and the water we saw was from that and not because the entire thing was thawing.
We decided to close down the 2nd half of the booth and just keep the original size.

June:

I got a lot of work done on a lap blanket I started in May for Froggy.  I took it to her!
My 20th anniversary at work.  I got a cake, a gift card for a local Mexican restaurant and a pretty good bonus.  Very good, in fact.  I was very surprised.
I went to see Froggy!  Among other things, we hit a lot of thrift stores and went to San Antonio.  And she took me to a COACH outlet!  Of course, I bought a purse.  The flight back from Austin was rough.  I spent several hours in the Houston airport on a weather delay - it's not my favorite place, to say the least.  But I did enjoy the visit and got to see Toadles.
Saw the first hummingbird of the year.  I think they were here already, but I just hadn't seen any.
Moved my yarn stash out of the closet in the office, they were put in the bedroom for a while then into the living room until I had a place for them because we knew by this time roughly when Otter would be moving out.
Bill's birthday!  I made him a pineapple upside down cake.  And we had bacon!
I got the work done on the car that it had been needing, but we never really had time to get done.  We still didn't have time, but we didn't want to wait any longer.  And it was determined that the previous (crooks) place didn't exactly do what they said they did as far as the power steering leak that was repaired - sort of.

July:

Vacation!  We stayed home.  Shopped a lot.
Bill started changing the office to his pachinko workroom.  That means that the machines have left the living room!
I went to the Coach store for cleaner and left with another purse.
Found out just how sharp a Ulu knife is.
We saw fireworks on the 4th.  Otter used her sparklers that we bought last year and she got sick before she used.
Otter started working on her cosplay outfit for TNT.
Bill got two or three wasps nests this month.
Brake replaced on the car.
Bill's sewing machine broke - just as Otter was getting to the end of a sewing project for her TNT cosplay.  I finished it by hand for her.
Otter had an ear infection.
Toadles' daughter went through Tulsa on her way to somewhere else, we met her and her kids at the Hog Trough (Golden Corral).
Otter got a raise - the 2nd on e this year and she also got a promotion but I think that was with the first raise.
The lumberyard started stocking firewood.
Bill broke in a new dermatologist.  He had a skin cancer removed from the back of his left hand.  Best of all, the doctor already knew all about Redheads and how to take care of us!

August:

10 years since we moved into our current house.
Otter's purse was nearly nabbed in Goodwill, I posted the details already.
Retro TV started running the original Dr. Who series!
I visited several fabric stores for Froggy.
Otter and I got our flu shots.  I had my usual reaction, it was a little worse than usual actually.
The world lost a major supernova and we are all so much poorer for it.
The doctor took 7 stitches out of Bill's hand but left a few in place.
Froggy's daughter graduated nursing school!
Bill's sister came to visit again, we had a really nice visit with her.
Bill cleaned out the first rain barrel and replaced the broken spout/spigot.
We had a lot of internet issues.  Our provider got more than a hint of RHTW in full flow.  They are now afraid of me, which is not necessarily a bad thing!
I took the rest of the stitches out of Bill's hand.
Bill bought a log splitter.  And had a lot of fun with it.
We got the chimney cleaned.
We had some limited water restrictions but not bad.
Otter and Roomie looked at several apartments.
I found the "holy grail" of purses  - at least, it was my "holy grail."  A Brahmin!

September:

Bought a new camera.
Otter and Roomie applied for an apartment, put a deposit down and were approved.
We'd been collecting stuff for her for a while but now it was all moved to the living room and piled in front of the fireplace until she actually moved.
Froggy's cat, Callie, vanished.  She never turned up and they never figured out how she managed to get out.
2nd sinus infection of the year!
We got the notice that our insurance company is leaving the state next March.  Nobama care is the reason.
I finished Uncle Crazy's lap blanket.
Bill got a bunch of firewood.
Otter requested a bunch of comfort foods leading up to her move.
We got 10 crepe myrtle plants and they are planted along the back fence.
The passenger window fell down in the door frame on Bill's/Otter's impala.
The Chevy dealership we use for repairs was introduced to RHTW.  And RHTW won that round, but then She usually does.

October:

This was a big, very busy month.  At least at first it was, it got calmer towards the end of the month.  Especially on the first, when our nest because officially empty!
The TEXAS persecution was especially bad this year.
We decided it was time to get serious about finding a new church, we've been unhappy with our current one for a very long time.  We still haven't found the right one.
There was a lunar eclipse.
Bill fixed the oxygen sensor on his/Otter's car and replaced the windshield wiper blades.
This month is when we realized that Maggie was leaky and having lot of problems.
The vet thought that she mad a UTI, she was on medication for a while and it did seem to help a lot.
Bill went over to Otter's apartment one day and showed Roomie all the basic car maintenance things - she'd never been taught any of it, not even how to check her oil OR how important all those things are.  We officially refer to her as out Other Daughter and that's how we feel about her.
Otter had a tummy bug.  And she shared it with me!
My email quit working - thanks to another unwanted, unneeded update!
Otter had what she thought might be a cavity starting.  Turned out, she needed a root canal.
I started a lap robe blanket for Otter.
Major migraine - I have had several this year, but this one was the worst of the year.
Bill replaced the brakes on Roomie's car.
Halloween.
 
November:
 
Otter's root canal actually took place this month.  She had her typical Redhead reaction to the laughing gas.
We decided to have a low-key Thanksgiving.
Which almost didn't happen as we planned, the heating element on the stove went out.  The part came in a couple of days before, so we had the pizza we wanted.  And that Otter could eat!
Otter had a pretty bad migraine.
After running around all day, I finally found towels and stuff to redecorate the guest bathroom.
Snow!
Bill's other sister came to visit.
I had what I first thought was the flu, but it turned out to be "just" a bug and not the actual flu.
Froggy - this is when KN#3 contacted me about the towels you liked but couldn't find locally.  I got them and shipped them to her around Thanksgiving.  And you were very surprised with them on Chrismtas!
Thanksgiving.  We had our pizza.
We cleaned the living room carpet.  And realized that Maggie Moo had been leaking for longer than we realized.
 
December:
 
We decided to close out our booth.  We actually were thinking we'd probably get a new one in a few months, but a new antique mall opened and we were able to get a good deal on a slightly larger booth so we emptied the old booth and took the pachinko machines directly to the new booth.
Bill replaced the lights in the kitchen.  And I saw just how dirty my kitchen really was!
We had a spell of very foggy days.
Retro TV finally got to the episodes with the real Dr. Who, # 4!
Finally replaced our microwave.
I got Bill a leather wallet for Christmas, he got me a calendar - after I finally decided that was what I wanted.
Microsoft did it again, and this time I found the settings on the laptop to where I have to approve all updates before they are installed.
I had the 9th migraine of the year.  I haven't had that many in more years than I can count.
Vacation!
I got My/the Guest/Craft/Sewing/Front/YARN room mostly organized.
Otter went to Oklahoma City for Christmas with J and his mom.  She "met the family" finally.
We had a quiet Christmas.  It was nice, we had steaks & baked potatos and enjoyed it.  It was different, but it was nice.
I got snow on my birthday!  And went to a local flea market.
 
2014 has been a busy year.  It hasn't been a bad year, but there has been a lot that happened.  But at the same time, it's kind of hard to realize that it's already about to be 2015.

No comments: