Monday, December 01, 2014

C-C-C-Cold!

We did not get the ice last night, but we did get the very cold temperatures.  We were supposed to get to 32 degrees today, IF we were lucky.  I don't think we were lucky; it was so windy that it was impossible to tell but it felt like it was well below freezing all day long.  Give me my incandescently hot S. TEXAS summers anytime!
 
I picked Otter up at her apartment this morning and took her to work, since Bill kept the/her/his Impala in case of icy weather.  She talked me into buying her breakfast at McDonald's, but she didn't have to try very hard. :)  The dentist was able to reschedule her appointment to Friday afternoon.
 
I also picked her up when she got off work and dropped her back at her apartment.  I ran a few errands between getting off at 3:30 and picking Otter up at 6:00.  Including going by the booth store to pay rent for December and collect for November's sales, the post office, the ups box, Hobby Lobby (no, I did not buy yarn.  But I did pet quite a bit of it and have a few I'm thinking about), the liquor store and I had to run into the grocery store for a couple of things.  It was cold and getting colder, especially once the sun went down.
 
While Bill was driving the/her/his Impala today, the "check engine" light came on again.  He went back to the auto parts store and they checked it with their scanner.  It's one of three things and none of them are extremely major.  It is most likely the tubing that leads to the valve he replaced last week, apparently the tubing was supposed to be cleaned out but he didn't realize that.  That's the first thing he'll try, then he'll see about the other two possibilities if that doesn't fix the problem.  It may be January before Otter actually gets the car "officially" as hers.  I talked to the tag agency when I got my car's tags renewed and it's not going to be all that expensive to transfer the title to her name so she was happy about that.
 
We had been discussing replacing my car at the end of the year when Enterprise switches out their rental fleet, but we might actually just buy Bill a used car this time.  Still subject to change, but that's the latest plan we're thinking about.  Maybe.  Eventually.
 
It's going to be even colder tonight than it was last night.  Bill started a fire when he got home so I had a nice, warm house to walk into.  And a very happy beagle, she seems to love their blankets being right next to the fireplace.  She gets up every so often and rearranges herself, then she goes right back to sleep.  She's on the very edge of the blankets closest to the fireplace, I think she's very content.

No comments: