Thursday, December 18, 2014

Still Here!

It's just been one of those weeks and I feel like I've been running behind all week.  Meeting myself coming and going!
 
Anyway, I thought I'd better check in before Froggy gets too antsy.  :)
 
I keep thinking about how this time last year, it was so cold.  We'd had a couple of snows already (at least one anyway) and it was a whirlwind leading up to Christmas.  This year is much calmer, it's just that I've been on warp speed all week.  Getting ready for vacation and reminding the Boys that I'll be gone in a week, and that they will survive me being gone, is a big part of it.
 
I got a "nice" letter from my bank this week.  Apparently, another store has been hacked and my debit card might have been in the compromised bunch.  We haven't seen any untoward activity, but I have to go through the rigamorole of getting another debit card issued.  I can keep using my current card until the new one comes, if there are any unauthorized charges the back would reimburse me - but it could take 48 hours so I cancelled my card the minute I got the letter, if there are any attempts they would not be honored by the bank since I did that.  I think I'm going to go back to writing checks, this is the 4th time in 12 months!
 
I had the 9th migraine of the year this week, which wasn't fun.  It wasn't bad, but it still was a migraine and I don't like them!
 
Otter's been over a couple of times, she brought laundry Monday evening and then yesterday (Wednesday) she came over and made a double batch of brownies to take to work.  She reports that they more or less vanished immediately upon being put out for her fellow employees.  She's coming over Saturday to make several batches of chocolate chip cookies to take to J's family.  She'll be spending Christmas with J and his mom, and his extended family so we won't see her from the 24th until somewhere around the 28th or 29th or maybe not until the 1st.  More or less, she's not sure exactly what the return date is but we'll probably have our Christmas with her on New Years.
 
This Christmas is going to be very quiet, just me and Billyboy.  And the dogsters, of course!  Since we aren't doing the big "Bill Breakfast" this year, Bill has requested bean, bacon and cheese tacos on Christmas morning.  I think we're going to have steaks for the main meal of the day.  I've already given him his gift, he needed a new wallet and I got him a nice leather one.  I have finally come up with something I want, I want another robe and that's what he's going to give me.  I have to get this one myself, but I don't particularly mind.
 
One week and counting until vacation!  Bill starts his vacation Monday, tomorrow is his last day of work for the month/year.  He is taking a couple of vacation days, since he works for a school district he's actually off for several days in a row.  He's going to get the carpet cleaner out one day and clean the hallway and I think the first bathroom as well.  Beyond that, he's planning on spending most of his time off working on pachinko machines.  I don't have anything planned, other than the fact that I'll probably crochet.  And of course shop!

No comments: