Sunday, December 14, 2014

Since When...

is microsoft in charge of what I need or want on my computer?  I'm pretty sure NEVER.  Last night, it took two hours for the updates to install.  Then I had a problem getting on the internet, I was able to get them to text me a temporary password and I thought I had it set to where I could go online automatically.  That took about an hour, just trying to find out how to get them to text me the temp password.
 
Today, I turned on my computer to discover that the (unwanted) upgrades also changed a lot of my settings and I had to input my password just to turn the computer on.  Except that I did not have it set that way.  And microstupid wouldn't recognize my password (I do have one for it) and I spent a long time trying to log in.  I turned the computer off in disgust and came back to it later.  I was going to actually call microstupid and trust me, they would not have enjoyed it.  RHTW* was already set to make the call.  I turned it on and gave it one more try - it took the password immediately - the same one it rejected over and over and over and over to infinity and beyond last night and today.
 
I changed a bunch of my settings back (again) and this time, I am fairly certain that I have the updates set to where I have to approve them.  Last time, microstupid's updates took out my entire email and that took days and days to resolve.
 
Not sure why people who a) I don't know and b) don't know me think that they are supposed to be in charge of decisions for me!
 
OK, enough whining.  For now, anyway.
 
I had a couple of things to do yesterday morning including the post office.  I went to an antiqueish junkish store and didn't find anything but I still enjoyed it.  I was on the way home when I decided on the spur of the moment to go to Goodwill.  Along with a whole lot of other people, it was very crowded.  I'm glad I went.  $3.99, amber (yellow ish) thumbprint pattern small compote!  I go years and years without finding any thumbprint Fenton and then I find two in a row.  :)  That's a Good Thing, by the way.
 
I also got Otter's lap blanket finished yesterday.  I texted her a picture of Maggie Moo with the blanket draped over her.  I tried to get a picture of both dogs, Frasier was cooperative for once but the picture was blurry.  When I tried to take another picture, he got up and walked out the dog door - and I just barely managed to snatch the blanket off him before he got to the doors!  Maggie was quite happy to pose for me again though.  She was happy because she got the blanket!
 
I got a little bit more done in the front room.  I'm really about done in there now, except for the miniblinds and the doily curtain drape, and we might put a lighted ceiling fan in there too.  Bill hung three of the four bulletin boards for me and I started putting the sewing & crochet stuff on the shelves that formerly held Otter's shoe stash.  I have a tiny decorative spinning wheel, it came apart so I got the hot glue gun out and put it back together.  It is sitting on one of the two wall shelves Otter left, along with all 4 (or 5?) of my yarn spools.  I have a thread holder made from yardsticks, it is now on the wall in front of the desk beside one of the fabric covered bulletin boards.  At the moment, there are several large plastic boxes (the kind for under the bed storage) in the middle of the room.  They have a lot of Otter's fabric stash, and there are also three picnic baskets in the closet that have a lot of her fabric.  We may get into that when she gets over here in a little while with her laundry.  Or we might do that later in the week when she comes over here to get the car again - Bill will have it for the next couple of days.
 
I also have a new project idea.  I really need a clock in the front room, I was thinking that I could probably make a clock with a doily as the face of it.  I looked online, apparently a lot of other people also had that same idea because I found a lot of pictures.  Bill suggested that I use a wooden tray instead of a round piece or square piece of wood as the base, I think that will work nicely.  I'm going to get on that in the next few days.
 
Also, I think we are going to get one of those inflatable mattresses instead of an actual bed or pull-out couch to use for guests.  The kind I'm talking about is big, not like a pool float air mattress.  I noticed that Academy Sports has one on sale in their ad, but the regular price is not nearly as much as I expected them to be.  Also, it comes with a pump so you won't have to inflate it yourself, Froggy! :)
 
Bill's been making cookies today.  He's been cooking all afternoon and the house smells so good!  He ran out of vanilla, so I went to Wallyworld (which was a nightmare!) and I could smell cookies baking before I even got to my front door.  He's taking a bunch to work tomorrow.  When Otter gets here tonight, she's going to make brownies to take to her work.  I told Bill that I'd be his clean-up crew, which is actually self defense on my part.  He loves to cook and I love to let him, but he has this one problem:  he heads into the kitchen and it immediately looks like a nuclear bomb went off in there!  This time, he actually got flour all over the lower cabinet doors.  Not sure how he managed that.
 
Maggie Moo is curled up on her blankets, where she's been for a few hours.  Snoozing.  And snoring loudly!  We've had the back door and windows open because it was so hot in the house due to the oven being on and also the dryer was running.  But I think I'm going to have to close up soon, the rain that we were supposed to get starting this morning is finally hitting (it's nearly 5:00 p.m.)  It's getting colder, too.  I think that Maggie's snoozing might be connected!  Or maybe not, dog might just be a little bit lazy.  OK, so she's a lot lazy.  Frasier is also conked out on the floor at my feet, but he's only been there for a little while.  He spent most of his afternoon out in their yard, barking at nothing.
 
*She's a little miffed that she didn't get to give microstupid a dose of What-For.  If anybody has anyone that needs a Talking-To, RHTW is more than ready and willing!!  But I think She'll be satisfied with one of the many cookies Billyboy made. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The clock sounds neat, I want pictures when its done.
Remember you have a lapblanket to make for kid3.
Froggy