Saturday, December 20, 2014

Early

We have a tradition of going to the Dollar store on Christmas Eve, and if we can, we also go to a thrift store.  It didn't start out to be a tradition, it just kind of became that.  Otter will be out of town over Christmas, she's going with J and his mom to spend Christmas with his mom's family - and she's nervous about "meeting the family" also!  :)  They are leaving on the 24th, so we decided to still get our traditional shopping in.  We just did it early!  When Otter brought her laundry over, we went up to the dollar store and it was very crowded.  We also went next door to WalMart for something I wanted and they were busy but not as busy as I've seen them on a normal day.  Otter did not let me forget about a thrift store, we hit Goodwill as our last stop.  She found a couple of things there, I did not but it was still fun.  They were pretty busy, too.
 
While she was here, Otter got her chocolate chip cookies made to take with her over Christmas.  She made a few dozen and Bill got the "leftovers" so he's not feeling left out.  Actually, her got the ones that were a little too brown but he's not complaining.  :)
 
What I bought at WalMart is 4 Rubbermaid boxes with lids to hold Otter's fabric stash.  They hold about 18 gallons and stack well.  They fit very neatly into the closet.  I combined two smaller, flat boxes and one large flat box into three stacking boxes and there was still room for a little more.  I have one more box to fill and two flat boxes to empty still.
 
We finally rented the movie Guardians of the Galaxy.  I might be in the minority, but I really thought it was stupid. Not good stupid, just stupid.  Otter saw it when it came out and she liked it already.  Bill enjoyed it, but I was really bored and not amused.
 
Froggy, I did finally discover that Blogger has added the word verification to all the blogs.  It's an anti-spam measure, I'm not so sure it works though.  I still get spam comments, but they don't go through because I have comments emailed to me to approve.
 
As of today, Billyboy has one week left in being married to a younger woman!  I catch up with him next Saturday.  Toadles, you still don't get a motorcycle!

No comments: