Sunday, December 28, 2014

Day After Motorcycle Day

I got snow for my birthday!  It was very pretty, but it didn't include much in the way of ice so I was still able to go to the flea market yesterday.  The flea market opened at 8:00, I got there about 10:30 and left about 11:30.  Empty handed, but it was still fun.  Lots of overpriced Fenton this time, very little of it was actually rare or hard to find.  Just high priced.
 
The snow got heavier in the afternoon.  We still were able to get out for dinner, Bill took me to a local diner that we have never eaten at but always wanted to.  It was a nice birthday meal, I had chicken fried steak.  First time I've had it in something like 12 years, and it will probably be that long before I have it again.  But it was so good!  After we ate, we went to Hobby Lobby and looked around.  Of course I bought yarn!  It was a fall color and the fall colors are about to be replaced with the spring colors, so I got 2 skeins and it's now in the stash drawers.  I did get a little yarn de-stashing done yesterday, Roomie got a cap made in red yarn which I have had on hand for a long time.  And still have on hand, it was a larger size skein.  I think I used about a third of the skein on her cap.
 
I made my own birthday "cake" this year.  I made a pan of brownies, but I didn't get them baked until today.  I used an entire bag of chocolate chips in them this time, so they are going to be extremely chocolate!!  I went to Braums on Friday and got a carton of strawberry cheesecake ice cream, because you have to have ice cream with birthday cake!  Or brownies.
 
We closed our booth out a few days early.  And moved it to another antique mall that opened a few months back.  The new one is in a slightly better area, the old one isn't bad in the sense of crime or anything like that but the new one will get more traffic and is a little easier to see from the street.  It's a couple of miles closer to the house.  We went to the new place this morning to see if they had anything coming up in the near future, and Bill worked out a deal with the owner today.  We thought that we were going to have to bring the machines home for a while until we found a new place, but the owner of the new mall was willing to make us a good deal so we went to the old place as planned and retrieved machines and then took them to the new place.  It's almost the same rent, just $10 more and she does not charge the 10% commission on sales that the old place did.  And she advertises, unlike the old place.
 
Otter got back from her Christmas trip to Oklahoma City with J and his mom.  We met her this afternoon to give her the car, she goes in at 2:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and nobody was willing to get up and get her to work at that awful hour!  She left her laundry here when she brought the car back to us last Tuesday, I told her that I would do it for her so she got a laundry basket full of clean laundry today along with the car.  She's going to let me know what her schedule is for the week and then we'll see which day we'll have Christmas with her.  Also, I hope to be able to have a shopping day with her sometime this week.
 
I have a picture I took yesterday that I might eventually get posted here - if Blogger will cooperate!  Actually, the problem probably is not Blogger but most likely the last windows update that changed so much on my laptop.  Anyway, the picture is one I took yesterday after the dogs went out in the back yard to play.  Frasier went out first, and it looks almost exactly like he was hopping on one foot and only one foot - he's got a lot of coyote tendencies and that is one we really notice, the single file walk that they do.  Maggie Moo, on the other hand, uses all 4 feet and it almost looked like she just jumped straight up and down, leaping from place to place instead of actually walking.  Silly dogs, but we like them!
 
I'm not making dinner tonight, we went out for breakfast and ate late.  Bill got into the cookies while ago and even though it's nearly 4:00 neither one of us is really hungry.  I'm thinking I might make nachos or something like that.  Maybe!  It's an F & F day for sure today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great rime on your birthday.
Your brownie cake sounds good.
Froggy