Saturday, November 03, 2007

Good Boy, Frasier!

When we got home Friday and let the dogs in, Frasier brought something in with him. We think he intended it to be a snack, but it's also possible he brought it in to show us because he dropped it at my feet. It was a dead mole. Needless to say, he got praised to the skies and then stuffed with treats. Since Maggie probably helped, she was just as dirty as he was from digging the mole trail out, she got filled up with treats as well. Then Frasier ran back outside and started looking for another one. No luck, but he's obviously made the connection between dead moles and getting treats!

This is what moles can do to a yard. This is not my yard, by the way! But they can do tremendous damage, as can gophers & voles.


This is what a mole looks like, this is not one from my yard either. They are not very big, they would fit in the palm of your hand.

I talked to the manager at the Talequah WalMart. She was not helpful. I told her I had a question about their policy on taking checks. She explained about the automated system and I asked her if that would tell them right then if a check was good, she said yes. Then I asked her if a check was not approved, what would happen? She said that the customer would be told it wasn't approved and would not get their merchandise. And then I told her why I wanted to know! She started getting very vague and her story started changing - fast. At which time, I went Texan Woman on her and frankly, I enjoyed it. I didn't get anywhere with her, she tried to tell me that it was 1) my bank's fault, then 2) Telecheck's fault, then 3) my fault. That's when the horns got her. Big time. I didn't hang up on her, although I wanted to, but I did tell her that I have always been a loyal and very good customer but that I might not be one anymore. She just kind of stammered, then I said goodbye and hung up.

I got the email from the Tulsa Police Department with the case number. I'm going to fax the info to the Telecheck collection department on Monday and then see what the next stage is. I still have not heard from the Talequah Police Department about the message I left them on Friday, I'll call them again on Monday.

I am not going to completely rule out shopping at WalMart in the future, but it's going to be limited and probably not for a while. There is actually a grocery store chain in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area that I like more but WalMart is slightly cheaper so I've been buying our groceries there. But I am going to start using the other chain for the majority of my groceries now.
A while back, like several months back, I posted about Chupacabras and the woman who claimed she'd hit one with her car. I said at the time it was most likely a coyote. Froggy emailed me about the dna report on the animal, and it was exactly what I said - a mangy coyote. But Chupas are still a fun story! I think it's just based on mangy coyotes.

This is the supposed chupacabra in South Texas.


This is a coyote. Notice the resemblance? Look at the shape of the head, the ears and the mouth.

This is a coyote footprint. We see them occasionally out in the area behind our house.

I also saw a story last week about someone claiming to have new video footage of a young sasquatch (yeti), however all the experts have identified it as a mangy bear. Except for the "official" sasquatch agency, which automatically said that it's a sasquatch. People, get real! It's a bear! A hairless one, but still a bear! I really think that if these assorted mystical animals were real, they would have been found by now! Geesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Walmart have an area or district manager? If so and if you can get them to call you or you can get their number, you might get some answers. You should also tell the home office of walmart about this. You may have to go on their website and then email them. You may get somewhere with this.
Froggy