Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday Stuff

I haven't posted much this week. It's been kind of busy, but I can't think of a whole lot that we managed to get accomplished!

Well, we did get Otter's desk moved out of her room and into the office. Now she'll have more space, with the bigger bed she didn't not have much space in her room. Bill's gotten her computer back up and running, it has been for a while, (she's been using mine in the interim) but he didn't want to put it back in her room and then have to move it again so it just stayed parked until we got the desk moved. He's in the process of running cable so it can be hooked up to the internet again but I don't think he'll get it finished tonight. Probably tomorrow.

For those of you that have seen our house, her desk is now sitting right inside the office where there used to be a plastic shelf unit - between the door and the closet. She said that she likes her desk being where it is now, she gets more light for homework. Bill's going to put a shelf up for her on the wall above the desk.

The shelf unit used to be our eBay staging area but since we are nearly out of eBay we don't need the shelf anymore. There are still 3 of those shelves, two are in the closet and we have plenty of stuff to put on them - like my sewing stuff, but we don't need much room for the eBay stuff. We are going to work on cleaning off the three shelves we still have, there is a lot of stuff on them that is just plain junk and a lot of it will be thrown out.

The tulip bed is still waiting to be planted. I gave it a second treatment, and I had planned on this week sometime but it didn't quite get there! Possibly tomorrow, or in the next few days depending on the weather.

Otter has been fighting off what we were hoping was an allergy for a day or so, but now we think she's coming down with a cold. She's not a happy camper! And I don't blame her. Colds can be bad enough, but when you have asthma they are so much worse. The Fenton signing is tomorrow, if she's not up to going then I'll take one of her pieces and one of mine. We are hoping that she's up to church tomorrow, but she probably won't be. However, she said that she doesn't mind if we go without her so we'll see in the morning.

We rented Shrek 3 today. It's cute. Not as good as the first one, but that's not unusual. But it is funny.

Froggy asked my opinion about the upcoming Presidential election. I'm not sure yet about candidates, but I like Thompson and Ron Paul. But it is still pretty early. I just know that I am firmly Conservative and absolutely will NOT vote for Hitlary. Under any circumstances. I hope she does not get elected, because I think she is very dangerous. But I also realize that she has a very good chance so I won't be surprised. Just very afraid and disappointed. (Remember, I'm not politically correct and I do speak my opinion! And this is my blog, so it's my opinion!)

Bill's off the entire week, he has Thursday and Friday as holidays and he's taking vacation days for Monday - Wednesday. Otter is off Wednesday and I only have Thursday and Friday. I have dental appointments set up for Wednesday for Otter and me but I'm probably going to have to reschedule because of her possible cold. The original plan was that she would go to work with me on Wednesday, but that depends on how she's feeling and if she's contagious. If she is unable to go with me, I'm going to be in big trouble at work! I've already been informed by my 92 year old boss that he and his wife expect to see their adopted red-headed granddaughter very soon! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Otter that I said to get well.
Froggy