Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday and the latest on the check theft/forgery

I called the collection agency yesterday, they said that I have to wait 10 business days from the day I faxed the paperwork back to them. So that will be about Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Then today, I got ANOTHER letter from them asking for payment but it is on the other check that was forged and it looks like it was forged at the same place. Over a week's difference in the check dates. Awfully convenient that they were able to write two forged checks over a week apart on a closed account, like maybe too convenient. I think we all know what I'm inferring here! Anyway, I called the agency after I got today's letter and they said that it will automatically be included with my original forgery complaint so I don't have to do anything about it yet.

Then I got a bill in the mail today for the last installment on one of the medical bills. My October payment was one of the stolen checks. At the time, I called them and they were supposed to make a note in my file. I also sent them a replacement check right away. When my bank statement came the other day, I could tell that the original check to them was received by them and that they had deposited it. Of course, the bank refused it. When I sent the replacement check to them, I also sent them a letter following up on the conversation and very clear instructions about the first check not being good anymore, in case it turned up. Then today I get the bill from them and there is a $15.00 fee for a returned check. I called them, the girl in the billing office seemed really surprised that I am not willing to pay their NSF fee! She kept telling me that it would go to "collection" and I told her about three times that they could collect away but that I was not going to pay it (and why). I think she finally realized that I was serious because she finally gave me the address to mail a letter to with copies of all my documentation and ask them to take that NSF fee off. Which I will do tomorrow. And then they'd better take that $15.00 off because I still WILL NOT PAY IT. She made a bunch of excuses as to why they deposited the first check. But I think I got my point across. To her, at least. We'll see what happens after I send them my letter. I will pay the actual amount I owe, which will be the final installment on the doctor that saw me while I was in the hospital. I just won't pay them anything else!

So now that I am in full Texan Woman mode, anybody need any battles fought? Because I might just be willing! :) Bill better watch his step with me tonight!!

On Sunday, Otter and I are going to take some of our Fenton glass pieces to what will be the absolutely final probably last one ever & forever signing event. A Fenton family member will sign up to three pieces brought in for each person (however, all pieces bought then can be signed no matter how many), and we are each taking two pieces. Possibly I might take three, one will be one of my older pieces but I'm not sure about that. Signatures on the pieces will increase the value, but ours are not going to be sold. If I think about it, I'll take my camera with me. Not that it means anything to anyone but another Fenton collector!

We still haven't gotten the tulip bulbs planted. It was just too windy on Sunday. Sometimes in the next few days, maybe this next weekend. But soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm here, I'm just taking a break from the forum and from blogging (on myspace too). I was spending way to much time on the forum even when I wasn't responding. Sorry, I didn't let you know, it started out as just a break for a week because off all the hours I was working at the daycare, but then it grew into two weeks. Then I just got busy with other things so I haven't made it back there yet.

I am starting to get into a good writing mode though, its just about that time of year. -Curl up with a comfy blanket and hot chocolate (or pear juice) and spend hours writing, usually just jibberish but sometimes good stuff comes out. Winter is the best for it. -

Anyway, are you going shopping black friday? I am hoping too, but it won't be until late morning (6:30-7ish) so i am not too excited about it because I'm one of the people who loves to stand in line before the store opens. Can't do that with the paper route, and knowing my luck the papers will run late that day, not to mention that they are gigantic. We should go thrifting sometime soon. I think a new friend of mine and I are going to go the 25th, possibly the 2cd we haven't made official plans yet, but I'll let you know in case you want to go.

Talk to you later, hope everything works out with your checks/bills. (I wouldn't pay the $15 either.)