Thursday, November 01, 2007

I AM DONE WITH WAL-MART FOREVER.

And I mean it.

I got a collection letter today. From the agency WalMart uses. I got two the other day, because the bank stopped two of the checks that they were supposed to let through. The bank paid the NSF fees and I took care of it with the agency. Today's letter is for $1,821.14 plus $50.00 NSF fee. FOR A CHECK I DID NOT WRITE. It was at the WalMart in Talequah, which is a small town east of Tulsa.

I talked to the store in question just now. They have the automated system where the checks are run through the bank right then and if there is not enough money, the account is closed, check is stopped, etc., then it is rejected immediately. The assistant manager said that he doesn't know what to tell me, he can't explain why the check was allowed through on a) a stopped check, b) a closed account or c) more money than the account had even before I closed it! He told me to call the accounting department tomorrow, which I will do as soon as they open at 7:00 a.m. And they'd better have a good answer for me. I am going to ask him, on Bill's request, if those things have to be personally approved before they accept them because if that's the case then he's got an employee problem!

I talked to the police department today, I have to go to the bank and pick up a form called an Affidavit of Forgery. Then I have to take it to the police department, and they will start the report process for fraud. The officer I spoke with today also told me that the officer who originally responded to the theft SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A REPORT - which the first officer told me he couldn't do since we didn't even have a suspect or a description. I have his name, and I am going to mention it when I file my report tomorrow. After I get my report filed, then I can fax it and the bank's affadavit to the collection agency.

I don't think that the bank goofed up this time, because the check would have gone through and it didn't.

I also called and had a fraud alert placed on our credit reports. I strongly suggest everyone call Transunion at 1-800-680-7289 and request an alert be put on your credit file where you will be contacted if there is any request for credit in your name or with your SS numbers. It can be done even if you haven't had a theft or fraud.

But I really am done with Walmart now. I'll pay more for groceries, I don't mind. That is not the point of it anymore anyway.

No comments: