Monday, November 05, 2007

Monday and We Have Our First Freeze Warning!

It might get into the 30's tonight. Well, it will get to the thirties. The question is, how low? We could possibly get our first freeze tonight. Tomorrow night it is supposed to be a hard freeze, which means the twenties! I can hardly wait, I've been fighting allergies all day because of the wind and a good freeze will kill off everything. Especially ragweed. Hate the stuff! I tried to have a nosebleed this afternoon, and I've had a lot of sinus congestion today. I sneezed a lot yesterday.

We re-covered a few iris bulbs this morning, which the dogs thoughtfully arranged for us to need to do. I also watered them well and then again this evening. We brought in the last 3 jalepeno plants and the parsely plant. I don't expect the jalepenos to do much, they have already produced but they still have a few blooms on them so we'll see what happens. The parsely will probably continue to grow, it survived a few swallowtail larvae attacks but it's a tough plant. We also leveled the dirt on the tulip bed and put the first (possibly only) treatment on it. I'm not sure if it will get another treatment or not, I'm hoping to plant it this coming Sunday. Otter has a bunch of tulip bulbs.

And Frasier does have another ear infection, I'd suspected it but now I am pretty sure. He was digging at both ears last night, I used the saline rinse on both of them and he tolerated it but he didn't like it. Bill thinks that the dog has figured out that as unpleasant as it must be to get his ears rinsed out, he has apparently made the connection that it makes him feel better. But it was a battle this morning with the medicated drops! I have to hit his ears again with the rinse tonight and the drops again in the morning - possibly the drops again before bedtime - and then I'm going to continue for a few days. Especially if the weather is about to turn. They are inside when we are home and at night, but they are outside during the day. And even though they have a nice warm, carpeted spot in the garage sometimes Frasier will stay outside.

I talked to the Talequah Police Department this afternoon. The detective was very nice, but he suggested I hold off on filing a report with them. He had a few good points. For one thing, WalMart only keeps their surveillance tapes for 7 days and it was over 7 days later before I got the letter from Telecheck. Also, the tapes don't usually show much beyond the top of people's heads. They are not set up for online or phone reports, I would have to do it in person and it would probably cost me $40 or $50 in gasoline alone, and I'd probably have to take off a day from work to go. With just about zero chance of even developing a suspect. So I'm going to hold off and see what else happens. If one of the other two checks out there shows up, then I will consider going to Talequah. I'm faxing all the paperwork back to Telecheck tomorrow, along with the report number from the Tulsa Police Department. And then I hope that I don't have to deal with this anymore, but I won't be surprised if it's not that easy.

No comments: