Monday, November 26, 2007

The Tulips Have Been Planted!

And I'm so glad to be done with it for a year, Otter just about tripled the amount from last year. But I'm not complaining, we get a lot of joy out of them in the spring. We were thinking that today's weather would not be conducive to planting, but the only rain we actually got today was about a tablespoon this morning. The ground is plenty cool, the tulips should be fine.

Bill had to go to the rent house this afternoon. The tenant called at 5:15 this morning - she's lucky I was already up! The bathtub faucet was dripping, the hot water never really turned off. It's done that before. Bill replaced a couple of parts, I think that this is about the 4th or 5th time that it's had to be done. For some reason, that one part keeps breaking!

I just had to pick up peanut shells in the living room. They were in the trash can, then when I came back in from putting up the gardening tools they had moved to the floor. And Frasier was suddenly outside, refusing to even look my direction! I think I see a connection there... Probably payback for treating his ears this morning.

Sunday I am taking Otter and her friend to one of the local museums. They have a display every year of Christmas trees. These are not your run of the mill Christmas trees. For one thing, the majority of them are not even trees. They are made out of some strange things, and some of them make me wonder if the artist (and I use that term very loosely) was under chemical influence! It's fun to go to this exhibit. Very imaginative. There is also an accompanying exhibit of gingerbread houses, which are usually made by school, church or scout troops. They are really fun. We were going to go yesterday, but Otter's friend wasn't back in town yet from the Thanksgiving holiday so we will try to go next weekend. Which is actually the last day of the exhibit, so if Otter's friend can't go we'll have to go without her and hope that she can go next year. I hope she can go, and so does Otter. It's an experience not to be missed.

Maggie has assumed her usual position - snoozing! She's behind Otter's chair, Otter is doing her homework with one hand and eating Cheez-it's with the other hand.

Froggy, I'm still waiting on an answer regarding your old report card!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More details please on my report card that you found. What school, and grade was I in? We did go shopping on Black Friday and had a lot of fun. We left the house about 5:15 and didn't get back home until after 1pm. There were a lot of people out and buying. I got a lot of my shopping done.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'll have to get back to you on that! I am not exactly sure where I put the report cards, but I think it was elementary. We cleaned out a lot of stuff, but it's around here somewhere.

I'm not going shopping until the Dec. 15th. Actually, it will be the 16th since the 15th is a Saturday and that won't work for us. No particular reason, but mostly I am not in a hurry to fight crowds and crazy people!