Thursday, March 06, 2008

2nd Post of the Day! Thursday Stuff. Cold.

The first post was strictly TEXAS stuff. This is the newsy one!

The Borg Queen is here today. Otter doesn't like it when the Borg Queen makes her presence known - because the Borg Queen likes to clean and organize. So far, I've gotten 2 loads of laundry done, we reorganized the coat closet, filled the birdfeeders (all 5), brought in firewood and Otter has had several smaller chores that I've assigned her. She said that she is thinking of running away, but that if she's not back by dinner I'm supposed to send food to the attic. She also said that when she's an adult, she hopes she can afford a maid so she won't have to do it herself. I told her that she'd better not put me in charge of the maid, because it will never be clean enough to suit me! :) I thought about a maid a few years ago. But I decided against it because I'd spend all my time following her around and telling her that she missed a spot or that it isn't clean enough for me. Then she'd quit!

Among other things, one of my projects is to clean out all the heater/ac vents. Our vents are on the floor, wonderful when the heater is blowing and you have cold feet! But because they are on the floor they also collect dust & general crud. I took two of the covers off this morning and cleaned them, but there are still more waiting. Bill hates the Borg Queen visits just as much as the Otter does! Because he has to help me with that particular job.
It's cold and getting colder. But the winter storm watch has been adjusted to where it might hit tonight. Instead of all day today, which was cold but dry. We'll see. They got it right Sunday night, though. So I stopped for milk on the way home, just in case. But I'm nearly out of birdseed so I might have to stop tomorrow.
Bill will be baptised on Easter Sunday. Since we are now Baptist, he has to have what my mother referred to as dunking. It's actually called scriptural baptism, at least as far as the Baptist church is concerned, which means that it's by immersion. The pastor called me yesterday, he wants to have any needed baptisms on Easter Sunday. Which I think is a wonderful idea, very symbolic. I guess Bill will have to behave after Easter, because he won't have any excuses to be a bad boy anymore!

No comments: