Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Finally

It feels like spring already. It's been so nice the last few days, warm but not hot and just nice days in general. We had a little thunder last night, but the actual storm was well east of us. We just got the noise from it. I love spring and am looking forward to it, but I don't like spring storms. I actually like thunderstorms, I just don't like the other aspect of spring storms that this area is known for. We are right in the bulls-eye on the target, as far as tornado alley goes.

Anyway, I've seen a few pear trees that are starting to bloom. So we might actually have some spring color this year. With all the tree damage from the ice storm in December, we might not have nearly the amount of spring blooms that we normally get. But we're hopeful.

I'm kind of thinking that I'm going to skip buying bluebonnets this year. I love them, but I have three that are coming up from last year's plants going to seed and I am watching to see how they do. They are still very small, and only one of them is actually in the mail box planter - the other two are outside of it in the yard. But they look healthy, and I really hope for blooms from them. But I might change my mind and still buy a couple of plants. Bill's been given strict instructions about NOT mowing them, I think I was successful in putting the Fear of Mom into him!

Otter got to stay home today, it was a holiday. Spring break is next week but they were also off today. She slept in, but she had a chore list with a couple of things on it so she didn't get to goof off all day. Just most of the day. When I got home, we took the dogs for a walk. Now both dogs are having a post-walk nap. Instead of their usual mid-afternoon nap that they usually have about this time. There is also an early -evening nap and then a pre-bedtime nap. They snooze a lot! They have about 4 naps in the morning, it's not just afternoon and evening. Hard life, isn't it? :)

No comments: