Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Hope everybody wore their green today. We certainly did! Of course, with the red hair it's pretty obvious that we are Irish. My secret sister at Sunday School (say that 5 times fast!) gave me a green t-shirt and I wore it to work today. It's a nice t-shirt, with a flower and a Christian saying and it was absolutely perfect for me.

We have a joke about every time Bill wears a white shirt, there will be car trouble. Then the white shirt will become dirty, greasy, torn, etc. I bought him a plain white t-shirt for Sunday, he has to have one under the robe during his baptism. I remarked to Otter that buying a white shirt just about guaranteed car trouble. So Bill gets home today, I go out to check the mailbox and discover him with the hood up on the van and he's digging around in it. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, but it's because of the white t-shirt I bought I'm sure.
Here's my feel-good tip of the day: check this blog out, it's heartwarming. http://vickdogsblog.blogspot.com/
Otter's dentist visit went well, the sealants were applied to the 4 molars on her bottom jaw. She said that it didn't hurt, but that it wasn't pleasant due to all the metal stuff that was stuck in her mouth during the procedure. I told her that I have absolutely no sympathy for her, none at all! I still have her beat with all of my dental work, not the least of which is the dentures. But I'm really glad that she seems to have inherited her father's good teeth as opposed to my mom's family teeth. I'm sure that Froggy and Toadly know exactly what I'm talking about. I need to make another appointment for Otter to get the sealant on the 4 top teeth, but I have to see what her school schedule is first. I'm not sure if there are any more holidays before the end of the year. I prefer to get all her medical stuff done when she's already out of school for the day, although I don't think she likes it!
We were supposed to get all this rain today. There were flash-flood watches all over the place, it was supposed to be pouring and horrible, driving rain all afternoon. I think we got maybe a teaspoon. And that's a generous estimate. But I'm not sure if we'll get any or not tonight, they say we will but like Bill says: the Tulsa weathermen couldn't predict a hole in the ground if they dug it themselves!

1 comment:

Jan said...

It's interesting that you put a link to that blog on yours. Go look at my blog today. : )
Glad Otter's appt went well! I know what you mean about inheriting relatives teeth! I have my dad's teeth genes...which while he has his own teeth at 82 years old, they are not the healthiest! *sigh*
Have a great day!
Jan