Sunday, March 02, 2008

Independence Day





Home.

No matter where else we may be, this is where we started. It's where our history began. It is in us and everything we stand for is because of the Alamo.





The normal color.



Originally, this color was only found in one place. Down river from the Alamo, the legend is that they were stained with the blood of the Defenders.


I've actually grown one this color once, it came up in the midst of my blue ones. Just one solitary red bloom. It was the first year we'd been able to find bluebonnets in Oklahoma and the only one I've ever seen.


This is one of the only pictures I can find of it, it was just starting to bloom and we could tell that it wasn't the normal color. I had a later picture of it in full bloom, but I can't find it.

Think I'm going to go fly my Texas flag now.

No comments: