Sunday, March 30, 2008

Misty Messy Sunday

It's not exactly been raining this morning, but it was a little stronger than a mist. Just enough to make the dirt stick to the dog's feet and allow them to leave tracks. All over the kitchen and living room! I've cleaned the kitchen floor up twice already, but I've decided to just wait until later on in the evening when they aren't going out every few seconds to bark at nothing.

Bill's mowing the weeds, I mean yard. Once he's finished, we'll be able to tell where we still need to do some filling in of holes. I'm sure that there are still plenty, although I think we've gotten most of them. Or at least most of the big ones.

We skipped church this morning, there were a bunch of little things I wanted to get done around the house so we have been busy most of the day. I talked Bill into re-caulking around the toilet in Otter's bathroom and he decided to do the one in our bathroom as well. There were two windows that needed to be cleaned on the outside, thanks to birds that visited the suet feeders, so I hit them with windex while ago. Now we can see out again! We had several other small jobs and we're just about through with them. Until I come up with something else for Willy Boy to do!

Bill just got through mowing. He said that there are more holes out there than we've already filled, and we've filled a boatload already! So I guess we won't be bored for a while. Anybody need something to do? I have plenty of holes to fill and a couple of shovels you can use!

Otter will be 16 tomorrow. For some reason, she's excited about it. Can't imagine why... Her birthday dinner is at her favorite Mexican restaurant, her local grandparents are meeting us there. I've also ordered a small cake, which I'll pick up after work and then we'll have it after the restaurant. Otter's decided that she wants a Wii game system and she's saving her money for one. She is pretty determined, when she makes up her mind to save for something, she does exactly what she says she's going to do. She gets her stubborn streak for her father, of course! :)

Since we've started seeing frogs again, the bricks are back in the dog's outside water dish. I hope that this year isn't quite as wet as last year was, but I did enjoy the frogs because they eat a lot of skeeters.



The prom was last night. I took Otter and all of her supplies to her friend's house about 5:00. She had dinner at her friend's house and then another of their friends came over and they all got ready together. Her friend's dad emailed me some pictures which I sent out to several of you last night. Otter said it was fun. She had a great time, and she is looking forward to going next year. She's thinking about a long formal for next year, and probably strapless. Beyond that, she's got a year to decide on the details. But if it's long, she can wear shorter shoes - she said that her feet hurt from the shoes she wore last night. Price of beauty! (The picture might not be up for long, my normal paranoia will insist I take it down!)

I tried another recipe from my bread machine book. This time, it's Honey Whole Wheat bread and it's pretty good. I made a loaf yesterday and it's already gone so I have another one in the machine now. It takes over 4 hours to make, but it is very good. I tried whole wheat bread once before and it didn't turn out very good, but as I recall I just used whole wheat flour in place of the bread flour I usually use and it doesn't work to substitute without some adjustments. Whole wheat flour usually needs wheat gluten, which I don't have, but you can substitute 1/4 to 1/3 of the whole wheat flour with bread flour if you don't have gluten on hand so I've been doing that. The honey makes it very sweet and it is really good. I'm sure that the loaf I have going now will probably disappear just as quick as yesterday's did. Smells so good right about now!

1 comment:

Jan said...

She is gorgeous! Of course, you know that!! : ) I'm so happy she had fun! Enjoy these years because they'll be over in the blink of an eye!
Jan