Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day One is Over!

Otter survived the first day of 10th grade. She said she actually enjoyed it and thinks she's going to have a good year. She has the first lunch period and so do all of her friends. She took her lunch in her Bento box today, but tomorrow she'll probably buy hot lunch. Thursday's lunch is her favorite, chicken patty on a bun. So that will probably be the day she generally buys her lunch.

No homework yet, but it'll start soon enough. She said the bus ride was uneventful, but she still has the same bus driver as she's always had. We were hoping that this woman would retire, Otter says she's always grouchy and I have seen her drive enough to know that she should probably be in another line of work! Otter also has a few supplies that we need to get, which we will probably do tomorrow after school. Most of the stuff she needs is stuff that we already have.

Since I've been home, I got out my trusty weed-eater and went after the tulip bed. It's been overgrown with weeds for quite a while, we never did anything with it after the tulips finished up. Otter said it looked like I'd given it a haircut, but scalped is probably a more appropriate word! I also hit the whiskey barrel planter that had my bluebonnets. Then I had to go get gas for the lawn mower, which Bill is going to use in the front yard tonight. He managed to mow the back yard last night, before he ran out of gas. While he was mowing last night, I was using the weed eater around the rock garden and a few other spots. I really enjoy working outside, lawn and garden chores are fun.

But before he mows the lawn, he's going to get up on the roof to seal a couple of cracked spots on the rock that they chimney is made of. Otter thinks that she should dial 9 and 1 on her phone, and be ready to dial the other one and press send! Might not be a bad idea, since this is Bill we are dealing with after all.

Ok, the pool is calling me now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at this moment it looks like Monday is moving day for us. Look for emails from me about how it is going and sympathy for my empty nest syndrome. Personally I think it stinks.
Glad her first day went well.
I too enjoy yard work. I think that next week I will be spending a huge amount of time in the yard. I will have a lot of weeds and I think I will dig up my tulip bulbs and then plant more zinnas. Gardening is also a good cure for the blues and the stress. Froggy