Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why Do People Think I'm Stupid?

Specifically, the people who call me on the phone and pretend to be my credit card company. The ones who get mad at me when I won't give them my personal information. That is today's gripe. We were eating dinner when the phone rang, Bill answered it and then handed it to me since the person said that they were with our credit card company and I handle all our finances. I take the phone and the woman immediately starts telling me that I have to tell her my name and phone number to "verify." Which is when I said to her that she should already have that info and if she wants to tell me what she has, then I'll confirm or deny. She didn't like that answer. She kept asking me for my info and I finally told her that I didn't call her, she called me and that she could tell me what she had or I would NOT give her any information. Then she said that she just didn't see why I wouldn't tell her what she asked, since they had it all already. And I said that if they really did have it all already, then why did I have to tell her what she already knew? At which time she got really snippy & rude and told me to have a nice day - except that somehow I just don't really think she meant it. Then she was still talking when I hung up, I think she was complaining to someone else that was there since she wasn't talking to me. I'll call my credit card company tomorrow to confirm that it wasn't them, just in case but I don't think it was them. For one thing, they wouldn't be rude since all their calls are monitored. When I've had to talk to them, they have always been very professional.

I guess that's the latest scam. We used to get calls from people claiming that they were with eBay and needed us to confirm our information. But we never satisfied their inquiring minds, either!

I decided not to postpone the inevetable. I brought some of my plant stands inside and relocated the cactus plants to the dining room. I'm going to have to do some rearranging now. But that's fine, it's fun.

Magginator is suddenly shedding. All over the place! Otter tackled her with the brush tonight, which the dog absolutely loved. It helped, but there is still fur flying and it's beagle colored.

Since we're discussing dogs, Frasier needs to be mentioned so he doesn't feel left out. I was awakened very early this morning by what I at first thought was Bill snoring. I was about to poke him in the side and tell him to roll over, when I realized that the noise was coming from the foot of the bed and that it was Frasier! He was talking to me. I think he was hoping for an early breakfast. Which he did NOT get, by the way. But it was funny.

No comments: