Sunday, August 24, 2008

Some Boring Sunday Stuff

It's early, 6:43 a.m. as I type. But I'm probably going to update this during the day so by the time I actually get this posted, it could be midnight! :)

I had a Borg Queen moment yesterday. In what was formerly known as the eBay closet, we have two plastic 5-shelf units. One on each side. One of them still has eBay stuff (actually empty shelves where eBay stuff used to go), and the other one is half mine and half Bill's. My half has sewing & crochet stuff, Bill's half has computer stuff & a printer. We each have two shelves. The 5th one has some surplus stuff and some of our weather emergency supplies. Anyway, back to the point. I think I had one anyway. One of my shelves had about 4 large paper grocery bags and the box my sewing machine came in. All were full of scrap fabric, misc. fabric and sewing supplies. I took them to the living room yesterday and dumped them out. Otter and I went through them and found a lot of older fabric to put on eBay, a large plastic trash bag is now full of fabric and older clothes and is destined for Goodwill, and we now just have one bag of fabric/family clothing to keep for eventual quilt squares. I now have a place to put my picnic basket with my crochet stuff, I was tired of tripping over it. I still need to go through my second shelf, but mostly it needs to be rearranged. It's got stuff like my sewing machine and my thread on it. I don't think that there's much, if anything, that I'll get rid of on that shelf since I cleaned it out several months ago.

Maggie thought that she should get to play with all the stuff we had piled in the living room yesterday. When she wasn't allowed to, she got right up in my lap and pretended to be unloved. Frasier had zero interest in the fabric, etc., he just wanted to get Maggie's chewbone. Which he did, as soon as she came over to help us.

I thought about taking my cactus back out yesterday morning, but I never quite got around to it. Which is a good thing, because we had a nice rain storm in the late morning/early afternoon. A little thunder, but not really bad weather. Just a nice rain. And Bill had to go unclog one of the rain gutters in the middle of the storm, since it was overflowing and he was afraid that if he waited the entire gutter might fall. It just had a couple of leaves that were blocking it. But he did get wet!

Among other things, I did get my pink robe put back together. The same one that Mom brought me in the hospital when Otter was born. Yes, I still have it Froggy! I've put it in the quilt scrap pile several times, but I keep taking it back out. It's had seams that came apart as the thread is kind of old, the hem came out and both sleeves hems were coming out. All of it is because of the thread. I've made several attempts over the years to replace my robe, but I'm very attached to this one. I found it in the quilt scraps pile yesterday and I decided to go ahead and patch it. So I got the sewing machine out and got busy. I know it seems strange, but this robe has a lot of good memories associated with it - Mom gave it to me and Otter's first days of life. So it was never going to be tossed, it would and may still eventually become quilt scraps.

Ok, it's nearly 7:00 now. Time to go get Otter out of bed! I'm sure she'll be pleased. Well, that's what I'll tell myself anyway! She probably hopes that I've forgotten what I told her at bedtime last night: the house is a wreck and we're going to clean today! I feel another Borg Queen moment coming on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have mom's red robe that she wore all the time. I think that I have one of my own. I wear Mom's when I need one.
I went to the nursery and bought some plants and seeds. One package of
seed was cactus. I will let you know how they do. I also bought sweet peas seeds.
Froggy