Thursday, August 21, 2008

Third Time is a Charm!

It took me three tries to get into my blog. I kept goofing up my password. Like Toadles says, FFD. (Fat Finger Disease).

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. I called my credit card company just to be sure that they weren't the ones that called me, because I have had to talk to them lately - they have managed to misplace a payment I sent them. It was an extra payment, so there won't be any problems such as late fees or anything. But it's still an aggravation. I sent them two extra payments, I put them in the same envelope. And they only got one. They think that when the envelope was opened, whomever or whichever machine in question took the check out and then didn't look in the envelope so they didn't see the second check. So I'm probably going to have to get a stop payment issued on it and then send them another one. But they told me to wait a few days to give them time to possibly find it. So I thought it was worth checking with them, although I was pretty sure that it was a scam attempt. Which is exactly what it was, apparently there have been quite a few customers besides me who have had scam calls. I don't think it's just for my specific company, I think it's a pretty wide spread attempt at stealing identities. And I didn't give them any information, so they didn't get anything from us. And they won't, should they attempt it again with us.

The other thing I've noticed is that since the economy has started to tighten, we get a lot of automated calls at work where someone wants to loan us money. I just hang up on them, but when they come in after hours the answering machine generally records as long as there is something to record. It gets kind of frustrating, dealing with that.

My favorite Fenton dealer has closed her shop. She has a (very small) booth in an antique/upscale craft/decor mall and I went to check out her booth today on my lunch hour. It was a very depressing trip. She is such a nice person and that shop was her lifelong dream. I didn't see her, which was a shame. Her shop was doing pretty good, until a few months ago. When Fenton announced that they were closing, she had a rush of business. And then nothing. For quite a while. So she added a Watkins Spices line, but it's not a big seller. I did my best to keep her in business! Her lease was up in the spring and she was considering adding another collectible glass company, but I think she just got tired of the uncertainty and the economy didn't help. I really hope that her booth does well, but I don't think she'll be in business too much longer. It was pretty sad, seeing her tiny booth today.
We thought that Otter might be coming down with something, she has had a sore throat off and on the last day or so and has had asthma symptoms. She had a sore throat this morning but was able to go to school. All day long, I expected a call to come get her. But she made the day and when I picked her up she said that she was feeling pretty good and her throat was fine. I hope that continues, but asthma and cold-type stuff can be very sneaky where Otter is concerned. It can act like it's flaring up, then get better. Then WHAM! It will be back and with a vengeance. But she seems pretty clear this afternoon.
And now Frasier wants my undivided attention. It's puppy play time!

No comments: