Saturday, August 09, 2008

Simple Saturday

I spent a lot of my day watching hummingbirds. There are 7 that we know of, but it's kind of hard to count them! There might be more. I now have four feeders up, I put up another one today. I am probably going to have to refill at least one tomorrow, maybe two. They are such fun to watch. There are at least two males, the rest might all be female.

Otter is pretty much over the migraine and related symptoms. She didn't sleep too well last night, but she slept until about 9:30 this morning and took it easy most of the day. She did get in the pool with us this afternoon and I think she really enjoyed it. She had some tummy troubles last night, and her stomach was still kind of quivery this morning so we decided to change our plans for today which involved making pizzas. We'll make them tomorrow.

I forgot about another family curse, which also came from Mom. Asthma! She had it when she was younger, Dad said that she still had it when they were married but she "outgrew" it over time. Today we know that asthma is never really outgrown, it doesn't actually go away. It does sometimes go into remission, just like other bad diseases, but it's always there. I had it for years before I was officially diagnosed, and Otter was diagnosed when she was about 3. Although the first symptoms where when she was about 2 1/2. Froggy's kids have had it, too. At least two of the three. Possibly all three, I'm not sure. She'll tell me!

Anyway, back to simple Saturday stuff. We watched a movie, it was Bill's turn to pick. He rented the newest Stargate movie. It was pretty good, the series was very good and it went off the air a while back but there have been two movies since the series. I spent a lot of time on the couch, reading. I finished one book and read two others front to back cover. I also started another one. They'll be on my list at the end of the month. I think I'm up to about 7 or 8 now. I was going to work on some of my crafts, but I just never quite got around to it. Same thing with crochet - I have a few projects, but I'm not in the mood to crochet right now. I will be again soon, however!

I did have to treat Frasier's ears today, but that's something I have to do pretty often anyway. He tried to get around me and go out his door, but I caught him and he plopped down in the kitchen floor and waited with his head flat on the floor. It's so much easier when he cooperates! Of course, he knows that there is a treat waiting for him at the end, so that might have something to do with why he's been so cooperative lately. And Magginator gets a treat when he does, so she was right there waiting. Each one gets a treat when the other dog gets medicated or claws clipped. Maggie got a claw trimming today, which she did not like but we were able to get most of them this time.

We watched most of the opening ceremony of the Olympics last night. We missed about the first 30 minutes, so we saw most of it. The lighting ceremony was amazing! I don't see how this one can be topped, it was spectacular. Like someone said, this was China's "coming out party" to the world and they were going to do it right. China has been a strong force in the past, but now they are going to be a very strong force to be reckoned with. They did the ceremony right, it was very good.

It's only 9:30, but I am going to be heading for bed in a few minutes. I did not get a lot of sleep last night either, listening for Otter! Also, I slept on the couch so I could hear her if she had any more tummy episodes, and I woke up a lot because the couch wasn't very comfortable. The last time I slept on it for any length of time was when I had my surgery and I figured out pretty quickly that I couldn't get out of the bed once I managed to get in it. I don't remember it being so uncomfortable, but then I was still drugged up then from the surgery, anti nausea pills and pain pills. Which is probably why I slept at all then!

No comments: