Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some More Senseless Ramblings

I'm wondering if maybe Summer is over but nobody told the calender yet. It's been pretty cool for this time of year, it should only be in the mid-70's tomorrow. It's nice, I'm not really complaining. But we have not been able to swim for over a week because it's just too cold. The water doesn't get warm enough at these temperatures. We might go ahead and take the pool down this coming weekend. We talked about it last weekend but decided to wait until Labor Day. However, we might not wait that long. We have really enjoyed having it up this year.

I'm also beginning to think about the tulip bed. Otter wants tulips again, which is fine with me! We'll probably always have a tulip bed. I haven't seen any bulbs in the stores yet, but they will probably arrive in the next few weeks. I got the weed-eater out the other day and hit the tulip bed, and it will need someone to go after it with the shovel for the actual weed removal. But that can wait until a few weeks before we plant it, since we'll still need to treat the dirt for moles & gophers. I'm also going to plant a few bluebonnet seeds in the whiskey barrel, but that won't be done until it's much colder. I've never had much luck with growing them from seeds, but I think that might be because I was planting them at the wrong time of the year.

I think that this weekend will be when I have time to get the cactus plants organized inside. I have to figure out just how I'm going to arrange all my plant stands and what will go where. The cactus have usually been on my corner plant stand, but it's been taken over with Texas stuff. I'll figure something out. Getting rid of any of the cactus is NOT an option.

Otter said that they still don't have lockers. Some kids do, but there are a lot that had mixed up locks. She'd really like to get her locker tomorrow since some of the teachers have already started assigning books. She is enjoying taking her lunch in her Bento box. But she'd like to be able to leave it in her locker before & after lunch!

Froggy, I think you are right. I do need to keep my Fenton basket. I sold some Fenton pieces a couple of years ago and regretted it immediately. I'm still unhappy about it. So I'm not even going to consider selling any more of it.

The area behind our house has been mowed. Sometimes that means that a new home is about to be started. But it's not just behind us, it looks like the rest of the area is being mowed as well. Since there were ragweed popping up in there, we aren't complaining. But we did enjoy the privacy and not having neighbors back there.

Bill is playing a game on his computer, the Sims. It has realistic sound effects. Sometimes I hear whistling, sometimes it's music. And sometimes it's a toilet being flushed! Really a strange sound to hear from the other side of the office.

There is a very large, brown, furry object in the floor in the middle of the office. He's so perfectly still that I had to look to be sure he's breathing! He's also taking up just about all the available space. The smaller unidentfied furry object is nowhere in sight, which means that she's probably curled up in one of her two favorite sleeping spots: Otter's bed or my closet. For some strange reason, Maggie has suddenly started sleeping in my closet. She gets completely up underneath the hanging clothes and sleeps. I've been finding beagle hair on my shirts on the right side.
Otter was unhappy to learn that the next Harry Potter movie won't be coming out this winter after all. It's been moved from November until sometime next year, summer I think. She was not pleased!
Before I forget - I added a new blog to my list of blogs I read. It's called cakewrecks. It's really funny, go check it out.

No comments: