Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Take it Back! I Take it Back! I Take it Back!

About the weather in the area last night & this morning not expected to be bad.  It wasn't expected to be bad, but I should know by now that I can't say that it won't be.  Because it always is after I say that.  This morning was no exception.

Bill got up at 4:30, I got up at 5:00 and all we had was some lightning and a little rain.  We turned on the tv, and immediately started seeing reports of a storm in Tulsa that was strong enough to take the roof off of a shopping center and a few houses, as well as snap a few power poles.  The report at that time said it was straight line winds.  But later reports confirm that those winds weren't exactly straight!  They were twisty.  Not extremely strong, it was probably an F0 which is the smallest on the scale - but is still capable of causing damage to property.  Which is what it did.  There was also one in on outlying area, Sapulpa - Toadles, that's where we went train spotting last year.

Nobody was hurt, but I think I'd better just keep my mouth shut regarding storm predictions!  At least, I'll try to.

I can hear Dad so loudly right now.  I've been hearing him all day, in fact.

And I know just exactly what he'd say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep I can hear Dad too. He would be calling me and asking if I had heard from you and when were you moving back. Froggy