Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WEDNESDAY!

OK, so I'm title challenged today.  Deal with it! :)

It was still crazy at work, but not quite as crazy and next Tuesday & Wednesday will be.  But crazy anyway.

I came home at lunch and picked up Otter.  And her cell phone.  After work, we went to the place where we bought the charger and they agreed that it was the wrong one.  However, they didn't have the correct one and apparently they can't order one either.  So they gave me a refund and did not charge me the restocking fee.  We were able to get the car charger to work so Otter's phone could be charged, but it took a little creative positioning to get the phone where the loose cord on the charger would still make contact.

Then we decided to ask the Resident Engineer about fixing it.  We were thinking he was going to take the electrical tape to the car charger.  But instead he basically took the car charger apart and rebuilt it.  He had an old power supply and somewhere acquired the part where the charger plugs into on a car - anybody else remember cigarette lighters in cars?  Or am I the only one?  Anyway, when Bill was finished, he came up with a working phone charger that Otter can use in the house.  And it can also be taken apart and used as a regular car charger, if she needs to.  She's just happy that she can use her cell phone again.  And I'm happy that I didn't have to go buy her a new phone at this point because she'll probably be changing plans in a year or thereabouts.  So problem solved.

We saw Miss Dorothy today!  She's doing really well, but she was tired.  Seems her husband (my older boss) had been running her all over town today and she'd had enough.  So, when he brought her by the office, she was ready to go almost as soon as he got there but he still had several things he wanted to do while there.  So Otter and I gave her a ride home.  And she probably gave him an earful when he got home, because she really did not need to be running all over town with him!

Froggy, one of the books we got at the thrift store yesterday is by Jodi Picoult.  It's called The Pact.  I just read a page or two of it, so I haven't really gotten into the story yet.  Have you read this one?  If not, I'll recycle it to you when I get finished with it.  I really am trying to give this author a chance.

Anybody else a King of the Hill fan?  It's a funny show.  It's not being produced any longer, but it is still around in reruns and probably will be for many years.  Basically, it's about a man named Hank Hill.  He's a Texan.  Very much the stereotypical Texan male.  He sells "propane and propane related accessories."  The show is popular in Texas, but it's extremely popular with Ex-Pat Texans.  Like us.  I had to go get a new propane tank for Bill's grill and Otter quoted KOTH lines all the way home.  And I realized something.  Not only does Disney owe me royalties for a very specific character in the Toy Story 2 movie, but Fox Network owes me royalties for Hank Hill.  Because he's Bill 100%.  Wonder if I have any chance of getting anywhere with Fox?  Probably not.

But we're firmly convinced that Disney was spying on us when they created a certain character for TS2.

No comments: