Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Tribbles

I couldn't think of a fun, food-related title.  So I've gone back to (one of my) obsession(s):  Star Trek!

Frasier has had two serious brushing out sessions this week and needs another.  He has so much fluff that comes off of him, Otter remarked that we could make a whole other doggie.  We leave the brushed-out fluff in the yard, the birds are looking for nesting material and they use a lot of it.  The breeze blew some of it back up on the deck yesterday and it looked like Tribbles were invading.  For the uninitiated, tribbles are creatures that are round & fluffy.  The more they eat, the more they multiply.  So, just don't feed them and you won't be inundated!

We bought a blu-ray player today.  We looked at the ads in the paper and found a few that looked interesting.  Then we went to Best Buy and found one we liked.  Bill installed it today, and it seems to be working fine.  We just watched one of our dvds, and it played great on the blu-ray.  Tomorrow when Otter and I are running errands, we'll probably buy an actual blu-ray movie but at least we won't have to replace our extensive dvd collection.  We watch a lot of movies, so it was an investment that we will certainly use.

We splurged for dinner tonight.  I went to Little Caesar's and got us a pepperoni pizza.  It was pretty good.  Not something we do often, but we enjoyed it.  I thought that Bill needed something fun for dinner tonight, considering that he just met Otter's BF.  BF survived and so did Bill, but BF was obviously nervous.  Can't imagine why! :)  Otter and BF are also gone for pizza, and video games.

It's been a busy day.  I only managed to get one load of laundry done, but there is still tomorrow for that.  I didn't have much anyway, since Otter did some for me during the week.  I got the plants in the bedroom trimmed up, dead leaves and old blooms cut off.  We did some general cleaning and vacuuming.  Along with running a few errands after church.  I haven't had any crochet time, but I did manage to get some reading done.  Bill spent a while up in the hot attic, he had to run a couple of cables during the blu-ray installation process, and he said it was like an oven up there.

Our errands after church included Best Buy, but we also went to Michael's and a fabric store.  I found part of what I needed at Michael's, but not all of it.  The fabric store had what I needed, but in the wrong size so Otter and I are going to Hobby Lobby in the morning.  Froggy, I'm being mysterious - I'm looking for something I need for a project I made for you but can't finish it without the particular item!

Here's Froggy's answer to my challenge regarding pets:

first pet- The one that was really mine was a white cat. I think he was a stray. He would climb on the dktchen window screen each morning and DAD (unbelievable) would let him in for food. His name was Sam. He had a daughter, Samantha, unfortunately she was not a very smart cat, but I loved her.

Favorite pet-not really a pet. Every summer when we went to OK, we would go visit Aunt May. She had many wild cats. I would always try to tame a black one in the hopes that Dad would let me bring it home. I never got one completely tame and Dad never let me bring one home.

Froggy, I remember Sam.  He was an unusual cat.  Solid white except for a black smudge on his head between his ears.  He was also a very "friendly" cat, and there were lots of Little Sams around the neighborhood.  I also remember that the daughter cat you had was called Samatha - not Samantha.  And I know what you mean about her not being smart, but she was a survivor.  I'm not sure how many lives she used up, but it was several and I think it always involved her and cars.  I also remember Aunt May's many cats and Dad always telling you no when you wanted to bring one home.  Now, if it had been a turtle...
 
(Ducking for cover now).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better duck for cover.
I can be mysterious also- I now have every thing that I need for the project that I am making for you. I will start on it today.
Froggy