Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Strawberries!

Strawberries are in season lately and we've had a bunch of them.  Also, I crocheted one yesterday.  It's lonely and needs a friend, as does the carrot, so I'll probably make another of each soon.  They are really fun projects and go quickly.  I will post pictures on the craft blog soon, but I want to make a few more first.  The book Bill gave me for Mother's Day has some really fun patterns, all the food items I've made so far are from it.  Froggy, I've also added a couple of things to your pot holder collection.  And it might still grow some more.  If you have any suggestions or requests, please let me know.  I'm open to suggestions.

Yesterday was warm.  I'm not sure what the temperature got to, but it was forecast to be around 90.  Guess we went straight to summer, with very little actual spring.  I'm not referring to spring weather, I'm talking about the spring blooming season.  If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that we may be in for what we call South Texas Summers - hot & long!  Today is warm, probably around the same as yesterday but we were inside most of the day yesterday so I'm not sure.  Otter vacuumed out the inside of my car and is going to do her dad's car, but she wants to wait until evening on the slim chance it's cooler.  So far, Bill hasn't been able to talk her into washing the cars.  Although it would be a fun way to stay cool on a warm day.

The dogs are being smart today, they are spending the majority of their time in the living room - asleep!  Frasier will eventually realize that the ac is on, and he'll camp out in his spot in front of one of the vents.  Dog's smart, that's for sure.  Maggie, on the other hand...  They are doing fine with sleeping outside.  I think Frasier was a mostly outside dog before we got him, although he was housebroken at some point in his life.  His favorite spot to nap when he's outside is on the deck, usually right in front of the door!

I'm going to go through my planters this afternoon, I have several that I haven't used in forever and I think I need to clean them out.  I might get out to the back yard and do that in a little while.

The hummers are here!  I remarked to Bill that I thought I would go ahead and get a feeder out since I expected them to show up any day, and about that time he saw one sitting on one of my shepherd's hook plant stands.  So I immediately got a feeder up, then the bird found it and so did a 2nd one.  So there are now two feeders up and I'll watch for other birds before I put any more up.  But once one of them shows up, there are usually several and since we've already seen two and both are female, I think that they will probably have plenty of company soon.  I think I've got 5 or 6 feeders.

We decided to put the house painting off until Fall.  When it might be cooler, but also might be drier.  Of course, as soon as Bill cancelled his vacation request and decided not to paint this month, it quit raining.

I guess that's it for today.  Kind of boring around my house, I guess!

No comments: