Friday, May 21, 2010

Please Tell Me That It's Really Friday

Because if it isn't Friday, I think I'll just go insane.

It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong week.  I'm so glad that it's over and that tomorrow is Sabbath so I don't have to do anything!  We all need the break, actually.

Otter's last day of school was today.  She enjoyed it - I think she only had one actual class.  The rest of the time was Junior Jam, which involved food & fun.  She got to spend a lot of time visiting with her friends, and she said she really enjoyed the hamburgers they had for lunch.  Sounds like a fun last day of school to me.  BF wasn't there, he was a senior already and graduated last night.  I don't think she's going to get to see BF this weekend, he has a part-time job and works weekends.  But I'm sure that they'll be texting a million words a minute like they usually do.

Otter gets a Goof-Off day on Monday.  She gets to sleep in, and then she can be lazy all day or spend it in front of the tv, with a book, whatever.  The real world can start on Tuesday.

The dogs have now become official outside at night dogs.  One (or possibly both) of them left me several "nice" surprises this morning.  Not the wet, puddly kind either!  In the kitchen (3 times) and in the living room (1 time).  So my day started out with having to clean up dog poop, even before I had coffee!  They will be inside when we are home, but they will be outside at night although they will have access to the garage and the entire back yard.  They will not have access to the entire back yard during the day when we're gone, they'll still be restricted to the small area then.  This might be only temporary, we'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens.

After I picked Otter up at school, we went to a yard sale but didn't stop.  We did a drive-by and decided we didn't see anything.  We attempted to find another one, but couldn't find the street it was on.  We decided to just give up at that point and go to the grocery store since we needed to do that today.  Well, we probably could have skipped it but I'd kind of like to be able to eat this weekend!  We stopped at Subway and got dinner to go tonight.  It was pretty good, and I was absolutely starved by the time we got home.  I did eat lunch today, but it was just a small sandwich & a decaffienated diet coke in the car while I ran a couple of errands.  So that Subway meal was very much needed.

I have crochet plans for tomorrow, I am going to get more done on Otter's dog and then see what else I can come up with.  I might not get the dog completed, but I do have a few other things I might start on.  I think that this is going to be another one of those Saturdays that I spend lost in my yarn basket(s).  I always enjoy those days.

No comments: