Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Funyuns

Otter and I are running out of funny, food-related titles for Sunday so we might switch to something else.  Not yet, but maybe soon.  There are lots and lots of food related things we haven't mentioned, but they aren't necessarily funny.  Any suggestions are welcome!

I think Funyuns are probably Otter's favorite chips.  They are pretty good, even though they taste absolutely nothing like onions!

Otter's so happy this afternoon.  She got carded!  She was so excited about it.  Mostly, I think, because of the location.  The library.  She had to renew her card and the librarian started to ask me to verify her information, then I told him that she was 18.  He looked kind of surprised and asked for her ID as proof when I told him that.  Big moment, getting carded for the first time.  (Since she looks younger than 18, it's probably not the last time).  I told her to enjoy it, because I always looked older and didn't get carded even though I desperately wanted to be able to prove that I was in fact 18.  Later on, when I was a few years older, I realized that I'd had a golden opportunity to be bad because nobody would have asked for ID when I was underage.  Missed my chance! :)  I also told her that she needs to make sure her driver's license is with her at all times, because if she goes to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie (which I think is rated R), she will probably be carded again.

Maggie is nuts.  Moreso than usual.  She was wigging out all over the living room this afternoon.  We finally realized why - she was chasing a fly that was just out of reach.  She looked like she was having a wonderful time, with that crazed beagle look she gets.  Frasier was mostly just watching her, he reminded me of a spectator at a tennis game, just watching the entertainment.  Maggie never did catch the fly, it bothered us all through dinner and then it was walking on the kitchen floor but she ignored it.  I guess it's more fun to catch your prey when it's hard to get, as opposed to just licking it off the floor.

It did not rain yesterday like it was supposed to.  We had a couple of very tiny spells of sprinkles.  But that was it.  This morning it was cloudy and looked like it had rained, then there was a brief but very loud shower while we were in Church.  When Otter and I ran a couple of errands later on, it was sunny and warm but it got back to cloudy & humid pretty quick.

The humidity is really bad.  My lungs do not like it!  But I'm going to have to put up with it for a while, tomorrow is supposed to be the only clear day this coming week.  It's supposed to be rainy the rest of the week.  Since it's (maybe) going to be clear tomorrow, Otter and I are going to run our recyclables down to the recycle center in the morning on the way to school.  That's not at all fun to do when it's rainy or cold weather.

I had a productive crochet day yesterday.  I made a tomato to go with my carrot.  Then I made a pink beret for Maggie to match the flowers on her cape.  I also put a couple of rows on Bill's blanket and we put it on the bed to check for size.  There are still several rows needed, but it's getting there.  To Bill's way of thinking, I have a lot to do before it's big enough.  But my frame of reference is based on how much I've already done, so I don't see that there is that much left.  But it's a fun project.  Granny squares are always fun and triple stitch is a fast stitch, as well as easy.  When it's all done, I'll get a picture posted on the craft blog.  But that will be a while.  While it doesn't need that much to be finished, I'm making it out of scrap yarn and end pieces when I finish skeins.  So it has a lot of colors, and also changes color in the middle of rows - sometimes more than once in a row.

If I'm lucky, Bill will let me share it.  He spent quite a bit of time last night hogging the blankets.  He kept grabbing all the blanket off of me and complaining that I was stealing the blanket.  Even when I was completely uncovered and it was all on his side!  Have to have a talk with him about that.

About that and also about not wearing his socks to bed.  They keep coming off of his feet in the night and winding up on my side of the bed.  And they are generally wool, so I'm awakened because something is making me itch.  Bill denies responsibility, but we all know he's guilty!  Either that, or his socks are running away from him. Come to think of it, I think that the socks are fleeing.  Maybe they think they are safer on my side of the bed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the socks are running to a better smelling side of the bed.
It is so humid here and after the rain the mosquitoes are starting up.
Kid3 looks younger than her age also. I always looked younger until I had kids. Blame it all on them.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

We've had skeeters a couple of times, we have the stuff in the rain barrel already so hopefully we won't be overcome like we were last year. As much rain as we've had, I expect them to be here hot & heavy soon.