Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chilly Sunday (Not Chili Sunday!)

Although chili is always a possibility! :)  (Actually, we're having steaks tonight).

Really, it's just kind of cold today.  It's in the 40's at the moment, but it was below freezing this morning when we went to church.  It was sunny and still is, so it looks like it's warm.  But it's breezy and that makes it feel colder.

Otter and I ran a couple of errands after church.  We went to a fabric store, but that was a browse trip and not a buying trip.  The dollar store and Wallyworld were buying trips, however.  Not a lot at either of them, but Otter requested to go to a specific Wallyworld for some reason.  (I think it had to do with a certain cashier she wanted to see.  One who looks like Harry Potter!)

I've been listing stuff on Craigslist and I am also doing laundry.  I'm going to get out to the tulip bed shortly and get those bulbs planted!

Movie Review:  Super 8.  It was really good, surprisingly so.  It takes place in 1979 and there were a few continuity issues such as a couple of things possibly out of time (like a later model El Camino for example), but it was good and fun.  No political agenda, which was a very nice change.  I think we'll probably buy this one, it was a rental.

Bill's been fighting off what I sincerely hope is "only" allergies.  He's been sniffly for a couple of days and has had some congestion.  I bought him some allergy medicine when we were at Wally.  He's the least allergic person I know, which is why I am a little concerned.

I got some crochet time in yesterday.  I finished up two UFO's.  There are still a couple more, but one of them is the afghan and one is a robe I'm making for myself that consists of bunches of granny squares so it's a long-term project and not one I work on very often.

We're finally just about out of Thanksgiving left overs.  Bill finished the potatos and gravy today, along with one turkey leg.  I think the only thing we have left is the other turkey leg and some of the cranberry.  We got several meals off of it.

I realized earlier that my birthday is one month from today.  It's the "big one."  I'll be caught up with Billyboy, and we'll be the same age for 6 months.

Then, he'll be married to a younger woman for the next 6 months.  Although he still only claims to be 21!

No comments: