Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Remember that old song "I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet"?

Well, we sure did last night.  Monday night.  3rd one since Friday!


The article is from one of the Tulsa news stations, and it's by the weatherman.  We were expecting windy & potentially bad t-storms, there had been tornadic stuff in the western part of the state.  So we were already keeping an eye on things, but the 4.7 shimmy was not what we expected!  I was sitting at the table, Otter was in the living room and Bill was having to work late so he wasn't home.  It was windy, so when I first heard the window behind me shaking I thought that it was because of the wind.  Then, when I felt the floor "ripple", I realized that it was not the weather.  I commented to Otter that the house was moving, and we were running for the doorway in about half a heartbeat.  It didn't last long, and it was not anywhere near as strong as Saturday night's event, but it was strong enough.

Bill was working the audio/visual for a school board meeting, he didn't actually feel it but he was in the truck with all the equipment and not on solid ground.  Apparently, some of the school board members felt it and I think that was what got them busy and the meeting got finished quickly.  I called Bill about 9:20, since the weather front was getting close and it was packing some heavy winds.  He got home about 10:15, just ahead of the storm.  We didn't get that much wind or lightning, but we got an ocean's worth of rain.  It finally quit raining late this morning.

All in all, I think I'd prefer bad weather to earthquakes.  Although HP seems to disagree, he's studying to become a geologist and apparently this has given the students a lot to study.

Before I forget, I have to mention my big, brave dog.  Maggie was snoozing on their blankets when the quake hit last night.  She never even stirred.  Where was Frasier?  Well, he was outside.  And as soon as the tremble started, he came running inside to me.  But not in a protective way.  In a SCARED OUT OF HIS FUR AND NEEDING MOMMA way.  That's my big baby dog.

I keep trying to imagine what Dad would be saying, he'd probably be flabbergasted but I'm sure he'd have something to say.  Which would end with telling me to come home, but he would have had an imaginative comment I'm sure.

Otter's foot was beginning to bother her again, it did seem to be healing but it looked like a couple more little spots were trying to come up so I called the dermatologist and took her in this afternoon.  The large wart area was "eroding" like it was supposed to, but not really very fast so the doctor cut it off down to skin level.  Then, it was time for more freezing!  There were several spots that were frozen, and the large wart area got it again as well.  Then, the nurse put some type of a liquid medication on the spots and covered the bottom of Otter's foot with bandaids.  Otter has to leave it on until about bedtime, then she can wash it off.  We'll use the peroxide & neosporin for a while still, and she goes back in two weeks.  She's also got a prescription, it's for a medication that is normally used to treat heartburn but has also shown quite a bit of evidence towards beating down the warts.

I've spent more time looking at the bottom of my daughter's feet in the last few weeks than I have all her life!

No comments: