Monday, November 28, 2011

The Tulip Has Landed!

OK, so "the eagle has landed" is the actual quote.  But the point is that the tulip bed has been planted!  And I have the sore muscles to prove it.  Comes from being on the business end of a post-hole digger.  Everytime I use the thing, I remember Dad calling it an "idiot stick" and I know what he meant!

I talked to the Chevy mechanic today.  He said that if their paperwork says that they added power steering fluid last week, then it was low.  Which is what I was afraid of.  I'm going to watch it very closely for the next several days, and if I have to add any fluid to it then RHTW* is going to take the car back to the first place and let them have it.  "It" as in the Temper in full flow.

It was C.O.L.D. today.  Low 20's when we headed out this morning.  Which was not unexpected, especially given the fact that I had a car load of stuff to take to the recycle center on the way in.  Otter got a run through Sonic for tater tots out of the deal, so she didn't complain.  Much.  But it does seem to me that when we plan something like that, it either rains or gets really cold.  I don't think we got beyond the mid-40's all day.  Tonight will be cold again and tomorrow will be slightly warmer, but not warm by any stretch of the imagination.

Billyboy took an allergy pill last night.  He was loopy, with a capital Loop!  He dozed off on the couch, went to bed early and slept most of the night through.  He might have had fever last night, it's just about impossible to take his temperature if he doesn't want me to - he's kind of like a kid at times - but I think his fever broke in the middle of the night.  He had multiple blankets when he went to bed, he said he was cold.  He's much better today but still stuffy.  He's gone through one box of kleenex since yesterday.  Something about planning time off, he has gotten sick nearly every time the last couple of years.  He might take another allergy pill tonight, he hasn't decided, but I think he needs one.  I set the humidifier up in our room this evening, maybe it will help.  It will help me, anyway!

I'm having major winter skin issues and it's only the beginning of the season.  It's going to be an uncomfortable winter for my hands, I'm afraid.

Fraiser is not talking to me lately.  Well, he is tonight.  But he was ignoring me this morning.  Because I socked him.  As in, socks on his feet not punching!  He keeps chewing on the spot on his leg and it's been a battle to get him to stop.  This is the same spot that the vet thought was cancerous a couple of years back.  The vet checks it everytime I take him in, many dogs will chew on themselves in spots because they apparently like the way it feels.  Frasier is one of those dogs, and I've been resorting to putting a sock on his leg when I catch him at it.  Which causes him to immediately pout, for lack of a better word.  He will pretty much just fall over and lie there, for a long time.  He's now started to try to hide his leg underneath himself.  He's also starting to chew on the other leg when I put the sock on him.  So this morning, he got socks on both back legs.  He was not amused!  He made a point of looking the other way, and he ignored me for a long time.  He was still wearing his socks when Otter and I left this morning.  When we go thome, I noticed that both socks are sitting by their blankets, and it almost looks like the dog took them off & folded them.  Which he could have done, he's that smart!  He was also happy to see me.  He's happy that I'm home and has not ignored me, but that will change if I have to sock him again.  I've heard of other dogs that have chewed on themselves before, and it seems like they are usually shephards or mixed breeds with shephard.  Dog keeps life interesting, that's for sure!

Bill was teasing the dogs and also Otter (mostly Otter), when we got home today.  He was holding the door open and acting like he was going to let them out - mostly Maggie Moo.  I noticed something.  Frasier literally ran up behind Maggie and tried to head-butt her out the door!  She didn't fall out, but she did bounce a little.

Upshot to Bill being home today is that we are officially out of Thanksgiving leftovers!  He had the last turkey leg today.  We got several meals off of the bird & side dishes.

Now, I'm just trying to talk myself into Christmas decorations.  I like it, but it becomes "clutter" in a matter of days.  We might skip the tree this year and just have some of the misc. stuff up.  I'll probably get up into the attic in the next few days and at least get the stockings and wreath out.  But the tree might be left in the attic this year.  I'm actually thinking that we might just use the light-up ceramic tree by itself.  It will fit on top of the entertainment center.

And, no matter how little decorating I actually do, it will still be coming down as soon as Christmas is over!  Clutter is clutter, after all.  And the Borg Queen hates clutter!  When the BQ and RHTW both get out of the fence at the same time, nothing is safe.

*RHTW:  RedHeadTexasWoman.  Run for the hills, she's on the rampage!

No comments: