Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday, But Not a T & T Thursday

This & That Thursday is probably going to be a couple of weeks away before it shows up again.  I had one I was working on, but I'm just too tired to think about it tonight.  Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, so my T & T gripe will probably wait until a better time.  I have no shortage of things to gripe about.

Froggy, the heat thing is basically a tube sock filled with rice.  It has a specific name, but we haven't remembered it since shortly after we bought the thing.  Which was around 20 years ago, or thereabouts.  Anyway, it gets microwaved for a minute or two and then it's flexible so it can be used wherever heat is needed.  The dogs always come running, I think that they smell it and think it's food.

We finally got to sit down and watch the show about the family that hunts hogs in Texas.  It's a pretty good show, but I do have a couple of gripes.  First of all, there is no reason to subtitle somebody just because he's Texan!  We could understand the older man very well, but then Texan is our native tongue after all.  The second gripe also has to do with speaking Texas and also is part of the subtitle issue:  THE WORD IS FIXIN, NOT FIXING!  He pronounced it the correct way, but the person who was in charge of the subtitles is obviously not one of Us.  We'll try not to hold that against him/her.

There is another show, about two women from Texas (or so they say) that claim to be hog hunters.  It was very obviously staged, and they might be from Texas but they are not hog hunters.  If they are from Texas, then they are the part of the family that "no one talks about."  We were less than impressed, to say the least.  The show about the family is a much better representation of Texans, especially Texan Women.

Otter and I went to the grocery store tonight.  We bought all the fixins (no G!) for Thanksgiving.  We bought a good-sized bird, somewhere over 12 pounds but I don't remember the exact weight.  But I wanted a "big bird" (Sesame Street pun intended) because I'd like to have at least a couple of meals out of it.  We got everything else while we were at it, with the exception of vanilla ice cream to have on the apple pie that Otter chose for dessert.  We'll get the ice cream at Froggy's favorite ice cream place.

We also picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner.  We had two very attentive doggies, they were very eager to get a taste of it.  They were just about dancing, and when Otter picked up their bowls so I could put their tiny bites in, they were just about in orbit.

Tomorrow's Friday!  Happy Happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since we are not eating meat very often and there will only be 4 of us here for T day I wanted a small turkey. The smallest I could find was 10 pounds. Kid1 will take all the leftovers home with them. i may keep a couple of slices for a sandwich.
we are having all of the usual foods-green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy,cornbread dressing, homemade cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, and pumpkin pie. We will also have one other pie, but don't know what kind.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Enjoy the pumpkin pie for me, I love it but pumpkin gives me migraines.