Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vindication?

I'm not sure if vindication is the best word or not, but I took the car to the Chevy place today to get the noise checked.  The first mechanic was right in one thing:  it was the wheel bearing.  But, and this is the fun part, he was wrong about something else:  IT WAS PART OF CHEVY'S WELL-KNOWN DRIVE TRAIN WARRANTY and I didn't have to pay a penny.  Not one cent.  I dropped the car off at 7:00, they took me to work and promised to call me with the result of the diagnostic.  But, since it turned out to be Chevy's nickle and not mine, they went ahead and fixed it before they called me.  Which took about 1/2 the time that the first shop had inferred, by the way.  The driver was back to pick me up exactly when he said he would be, which is a welcome change.

Needless to say, we are not going back to that shop again.  Unless there is a warranty issue with something that they've already done.  From now on, it's Chevy's shop for everything.

We did think about the fact that the other work might well have been Chevy warranty as well, but it's done and not worth worrying about.  Not the alignment or the tires, but the repeated a/c problems I had with the car earlier and possibly the power-steering system which was covered by our warranty so we are "only" out $200 on that.  Water under the bridge, as mom used to say.

I'm undecided about talking to the first shop.  I feel like I should, and probably will, but RHTW* wants to be the one to actually do the talking and I'm afraid to let Her out of the fence!   :)

Otter's foot is much better today, or at least it was this morning.  I haven't seen her since I left for work, she's off with HP today and they were going to see the Muppet movie this afternoon.  She said it was the only one that they could agree on.  I hope it's good, because she's probably going to have to see it again with Billyboy and me!  She'll eventually be home and I'll ask her about the movie then.

I'm so glad that we have the next 4 days off.  Actually, Bill has more days off because he's burning time next week so he won't lose it.  He has ambitions of cleaning up some of the pachinko mess in the living room, but I'm not holding my breath.

On Friday, Otter and I are probably going to a local museum that has a really interesting Christmas tradition.  It's Christmas trees, but they aren't exactly "traditional."  In fact, some of them aren't even trees.  But it's a fun local tradition and we haven't been in a couple of years.  Also, they have a gingerbread house exhibit that is really fun.  All the houses are made by school, church, scout, etc. children's groups and some of them are absolutely wild.

We're ready for Thanksgiving, I stopped by Braum's on the way home this afternoon and got french vanilla ice cream.  Gotta have ice cream on pie!

*RedHeadTexasWoman.  If she gets out, nobody is safe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad her foot is better. Yes you should calmly talk to the 1st auto center, at least the manager if not the store supervisor or the area manager. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I probably will, Bill thinks that I should just go in with guns blazing and let RHTW do the talking. Which is probalby what I will do, but I want to think about how/what I want to say so that I get results.

Otter Mom said...

(No I won't really have guns! It's a Texas thing.)