Friday, September 07, 2012

46 Years of Greatness!

This is Google's doodle for today:



I think it's absolutely adorable!

And when the Borg Queen speaks...

Here's today's Frasier update:  I took him out before bedtime last night, he went out and came right back in.  After we went to bed, he barked.  A few times.  Then he knocked the dog block/baby gate down again.  I put it up again, but I put it on the other side of the door frame so that it would be blocked by the frame if he tried it again.  Then, I headed back for bed and he barked some more.  Bill thought that it didn't sound like a lonely bark, but that maybe he needed to go outside.  So, I took him out again and that was what he wanted - not sure why he couldn't tend to his business 15 minutes or so earlier!  After that, he was fairly quiet.

This morning, I gave him his pill in the corner of a piece of bread.  He ate the bread, the pill fell out and he promptly picked it up and ate it.  When Otter and I were getting ready to leave, we took him out and I sprayed the spot.  He didn't particularly like it, but he tolerates just about anything I do.  When I brought Otter home at lunch, he was fine and both dogs were happy to see us.  When I got home, they had been outside but had just come in and Frasier was messy - as in bloody.  Not like a serious gush, but it was still obvious that the spot had been bleeding.  I think it was the skin around it, it looked like maybe he'd bumped it on something.  The spot itself doesn't look that bad.  There were several spots of blood on the carpet, small ones and Otter got most of them cleaned up.  We'll get the spot cleaner out on Sunday and tackle it again.  I got Frasier to lie down and we put a towel underneath his leg, then I sprayed it really good.  Instead of dabbing the excess off, we petted him and he was content to stay on the towel.  It looks better than I thought it would.  He got tonight's pill in another piece of bread, this time with a little butter spread on it to keep the edges sealed so that the pill didn't fall out.  I might spray him again tonight.  I'm also considering sleeping in the living room, because he needs quite a bit of help/care in the mornings and it would be easier that way.

The rest of today's excitement is that we had a cold front scheduled to come through tonight.  It was early.  Way early, like about 4:00!  And it was preceeded by 50 - 60 + mph winds.  The winds hit as I was waiting to turn at an intersection and I felt my car move a few inches.  It was that strong.  I had one more errand to do, which was the video store to rent tomorrow's movie (Bill's choice:  Battleship) and I got that done quickly.  I had an interesting drive home, to say the least.  The wind was still just as strong and gusty, but I had to go over a really tall bridge and also past several construction areas that are basically just scraped down to the dirt.  Actually, red sand - this is NE Oklahoma, after all.  You know the pictures of sand storms in the dessert and parts of Arizona?  Well, I now know exactly what it's like to be in the middle of one.  It was a rather hairy drive home.  I'm sure that the cars are in need of a serious washing now.  Bill gets off work at 4:00, he had to deal with it just after he got on the freeway.  Which had several times the normal amount of traffic it gets at 4:00.  He said he had an adventure driving home, but that he spent a lot of time in traffic that wasn't moving.  That was the first wave, the second one is on the way but I don't think it's supposed to be as bad.  The turnpike at Oklahoma City had several 18-wheelers overturned when the front went through there.

Yes, Dad.  I hear you! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear him to. Glad you both made it home ok. Frgooy