Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday's W(h)ining

I went to Wine Wednesday at the liquor store today (they were very crowded!).  First time I've been in about 6 weeks!  I don't think I really have any wHines to talk about, even though it's Wednesday.

Except for the fact that Frasier was up again in the middle of the night and thought that we should all be up with him.  I haven't been doing his ears the last couple of days, but I think maybe I stopped too soon.  They look a tad bit on the pinkish side today, I treated them this morning and will continue with the morning/night treatments for the next few days.  He's been indoors & nekkid most of the afternoon since Otter was home after her classes and she said that he didn't lick at the spot once.  It's not totally healed, but it's close.  He'll wear the cone tonight.  He's better but I still don't trust him very far.

It rained this morning.  We got a few spells of hard rain and some thunder. It is supposed to be off & on rain over the next few days and into the weekend.  At least through Saturday, Sunday is supposed to be dry.  I think.

I've been slowly cleaning off my craft shelves & work bench.  I realized that I actually do very little crafting that requires the bench or the particular supplies on the shelves.  I used to do a lot of tole painting but I've pretty much painted everything that there is to paint.  I do occasionally need acrylic paint, so I'm not getting rid of it but we did clean out the empty/gunky ones not too long back.  Also, Otter and Bill need acrylics at times as well.  I realized that I was never, ever going to get around to the oneofthesedaysifIevergetaroundtoit mosaic project, so it's been tossed/donated/recycled as appropriate.  My planting stuff and bird feeders are on the shelves and they probably take up more room than craft supplies at this point.  Especially since Otter's got the shelves in her room for her stuff.  I'm not getting rid of the workbench (Bill made it for me) or the shelves, I still have some need for them.  I just don't need very much of the craft stuff that I used to.  However, Bill is still forbidden from using my shelves/workbench for his junk!  Except for the occasional time, like now, when he needs to use his rock tumbler and it has to be on a firm surface.  He doesn't tumble rocks, it works like a charm to clean pachinko pins (the little nails).  He has a larger tumbler that is actually meant for gun reloading supplies, but when he just has a few pins to clean the rock tumbler is just the right size.

Besides, I'd really rather have crochet as my main craft/obsession.  :)

No comments: