Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Martinis

There are martinis:



And then there are MARTINIS!


I'm not a martini drinker, but I have to admit that Frasier really reminds me of one lately. :)

(I just noticed that the Frasier picture was photobombed by a beagle!)

Dog's on my list.  The bad list.  I've slept in the living room the last couple of nights so that Bill could at least get a little extra sleep in the mornings.  Frasier is used to being fed about 5:30, and although he is able to eat some with the cone on, it's easier for him to be nekkid.  Also, the cone has to be put back on as soon as he's finished because he's attempting to lick the incision spot every time the cone comes off.  Friday night, I wasn't feeling the best due to the flu shot and didn't sleep too well anyway - except for the one time when Frasier woke me up.  Because he was stuck!  The cone got caught between the end of the couch and a wooden magazine stand we have, he was unable to free himself so he made noise until he got my attention.  I felt kind of sorry for the dork, actually.  (I got him unstuck, but it took some pulling and rearranging.  But he went right back to sleep after that.  I think he was embarassed.)  Last night, I was still not feeling the best but I did manage to sleep.  At least, I did until 3:00 a.m.!  That's when Frasier decided it was time to wake up and play.  From 3:00 until about 5:30, my time was mostly spent telling the dog to be still, be quiet, get off me, etc.  I fed them about 5:45, then Bill got up and ordered me back to bed.  He took the fan back to the bedroom for me, and I slept about another hour or so.  But I'm still tired.

I'm also still feeling cruddy.  This has been a bad reaction year, as far as the flu shot goes.  Also, the shot was higher on my arm than normal and it is still fairly sore.  I've rested as much as I could today, I never quite went to sleep but I did lie down a few times and almost doze off.  Otter is reaction-free so far, except for the arm soreness.

Frasier has managed to get out one dog door at a time, but he can never get out both of them.  We have had to go get him out of the garage and let him in/out a few times today.  He also managed to get himself hung up behind the shed today, but he freed himself before I could get there.  He's becoming a real menace to my knees at times, with that cone.  The cone itself is looking just a little bit beat up!  The incision is really healing up, it's very small now but I think it's going to take several days yet before it is healed up and healed enough to let him be cone-free.

I did manage to get a little crochet done yesterday.  I put one row on the afghan.  But I was already tired and it made me sleepy, so I gave in and took a nap.  I sometimes take a nap on Saturday afternoon, but it usually only lasts about a half hour.  I think I slept for about an hour and a half yesterday.

It's been rainy.  Friday was rainy off and on, yesterday had a few drizzles and this morning was very foggy.  It hasn't rained today, but it's been nice and we've had the house open to air out.  We have a slight grace period between rain cleaning the pollen out of the air and the pollen starting up again.  We're enjoying it.

No comments: